By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Atheits ... How Many On VGChartz ?

Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior.  So that makes me a Christian, but it doesn't make me religious.  Since I've been a Christian, I've been growing more and more in tolerance and open-mindedness.  I love God because he loved me first.  Therefore, I love everyone else, and make NO exceptions.  This is the Word of God.

Around the Network

I am, but to be honest the % British people who believe in god is quickly going down.

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Bobbuffalo said:
leatherhat said:

Atheists are people that bust religious peoples balls over believing in God when there is no proof, completely forgetting that there is no proof God doesn't exist as well.

That's not atheism. Atheism is simply that you won't believe blindly in something unless there are proofs. If there are proofs that God exists then I'll accept it because there's a proof of it.

But so far there isn't and no religion has proved it yet.

That is way too broad of a definition for atheism. I can think of a number of theologians who would qualify as atheists under that definition. That definition is closer to applying to something like rationality, but atheists do not have a monopoly on rationality.

There is a ven diagram out there that describes a few of the different types of atheists out there, and yes there is more than one type.

Theism as far as I am concerned has a huge hurdle to overcome to prove its validty, especially given some of its claims which fly in direct opposition to known facts. For those facts to be false, and the religions claims to be true, god would have to _tricking_ us. Above all things I refuse to believe in a god that plays tricks on the people she/he created.

God may exist, I can't prove otherwise, just as no one has been able to prove that god does exist. All claims to the contrary that there are logic proofs out there are not correct, merely wishes and hopes.

Nobody who has not had direct contact with said god knows that god exists. I will go out on a limb and say nobody _knows_ whether god exists. They certainly don't know what said god wants, does, or otherwise IS. They merely follow some book or 10000 year tradition based on, at best, shots in the dark. You certainly should not believe someone who claims to have had contact with god, cause they can never prove it. Either wait for god to finally talk to you, _without_ the use of shrooms, or finally admit that you just don't/can't know and move on with your life.

That said. Believe what you wanna believe, makes little difference to me.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

I'm atheist.

Around the Network

Hindu by birth, atheist by nature.

@ OP

Why the shock?

I'm god

ishiki said:

I'm god

Careful, I think I saw Kratos lurking nearby.

I am also an Athiest.

Bobbuffalo said:
leatherhat said:

Atheists are people that bust religious peoples balls over believing in God when there is no proof, completely forgetting that there is no proof God doesn't exist as well.

That's not atheism. Atheism is simply that you won't believe blindly in something unless there are proofs. If there are proofs that God exists then I'll accept it because there's a proof of it.

But so far there isn't and no religion has proved it yet.

That stance is more in line with being agnostic ...

Agnostics (like myself) generally respect other people's religious views but don't believe there is significant evidence to support the view that god exists.