By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Triple SLI can't even run Crysis properly.

http://www.gemaga.com/2007/12/12/over-1800-in-video-cards-to-run-crysis-on-very-high

What did they was connected 3 Geforce 8800 Ultras is triple SLI and run Crysis on very high settings at 1900X1200 and they could only get a max FPS at 37.9. What the hell is up with the developers?

Around the Network
totalwar23 said:

What the hell is up with the developers?

What do you mean?

I didn't see the rest of the specs of the machine they were running there. Likely there's a bottleneck somewhere else.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

It's possible there's another bottleneck, but I really gotta wonder how much time development studios spend optimizing code to make it run better on lower spec machines, cuz sometimes the requirements are pretty ridiculous.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Their hardware:

Processor: Core 2 Xtreme @ 3.00 GHz Q6850
RAM: 2MB DDR2 @ 1066 (5-5-5-15)
and the 8800 Ultras withdriver FW 169.18

This is just wasting PC power here. 

Around the Network
Nighteyes_1981 said:
I didn't see the rest of the specs of the machine they were running there. Likely there's a bottleneck somewhere else.

Actually, I have read from couple of reviews that there is no such PC available currently which can run Crysis in very high settings with good framerates. So maybe even eliminating bottlenecks wouldn't help.

Words Of Wisdom said:
totalwar23 said:

What the hell is up with the developers?

What do you mean?

I mean how could they even think of developing something where even the most powerful PCs can't even run it at max at 60 FPS especially when midrange PCs are still capable of pushing superior graphics now.

totalwar23 said:

Their hardware:

Processor: Core 2 Xtreme @ 3.00 GHz Q6850
RAM: 2MB DDR2 @ 1066 (5-5-5-15)
and the 8800 Ultras withdriver FW 169.18

This is just wasting PC power here.

The bottleneck is the memory they are using 2GB should be 4GB for this kind of game.

Untamoi said:
Nighteyes_1981 said:

Actually, I have read from couple of reviews that there is no such PC available currently which can run Crysis in very high settings with good framerates. So maybe even eliminating bottlenecks wouldn't help.

So the question then is, what kinda hardware did they use to develop it, because it would seem strange to develop software that runs poorly in your own dev environments.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

Plus i think they should use not ddr2 but ddr3 ram chips. Would be hell to pay for them but then again you could say that they would have no worries for a couple of years with their ram.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting.