By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Triple SLI can't even run Crysis properly.

^You say it like if games like Crysis didn't look better than anything the PS3 could offer even on the Medium settings :/

Around the Network
gawalls said:
this thread is exactly why i love console gaming - way too much money on upgrades just to keep up to date for pc gaming

Oh gawalls how much you miss :(

I know by posting on this thread your heart must be crying out for me to convert you into the wonderful world of PC gaming, explaining to you how you can game perfectly well on a small budget, and yet I feel no need to do so, for now your happy in your own world of consoles and so I'll leave you there till your ready to open your mind to a wider experience..

"..just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake"

fazz said:
^You say it like if games like Crysis didn't look better than anything the PS3 could offer even on the Medium settings :/

I could run Crysis on Medium Setting with my graphics card freezing just once. But it's like everyone says right? In five years you can run Crysis on a budget PC which means again, my computer will be vastly outdated and can probably run those games on the lowest setting. However, consoles will still get those same games that'll run and look better than what my PC can do and they haven't changed at all. I say in five years, developers will figure out a way to program a game like crysis for the PS3 and Xbox 360 (maybe not on the highest setting but far above than what my PC can support)

I dunno, 37 FPS on the highest settings would actually look pretty flippin sweet.

Vengi said:
gawalls said:
this thread is exactly why i love console gaming - way too much money on upgrades just to keep up to date for pc gaming

Oh gawalls how much you miss :(

I know by posting on this thread your heart must be crying out for me to convert you into the wonderful world of PC gaming, explaining to you how you can game perfectly well on a small budget, and yet I feel no need to do so, for now your happy in your own world of consoles and so I'll leave you there till your ready to open your mind to a wider experience..

You mean until he's ready to open his wallet, and dump it out? And then get a credit card? Or a second mortgage?

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
Up-to-date gaming PCs can run Crysis on acceptable levels, and future PCs will be able to run it on the max settings on acceptable levels...that's how they designed the game, and it's not that big of a deal.

The affordable hardware to run Crysis on its maxed settings does not exist. That's not really the developers fault, as the game is still good on regular settings. They made it a viable benchmark in gaming technology for now and the coming year, that's all.

The same thing is true for Supreme Commander.  You'd need a NASA computer to run the largest maps with 8 players on max settings.  It'll look great for years to come.

I know you believe you understand what you think I said but I don't think you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

this game needs 4gb of ram, maybe 8 if possible. I'm pretty sure 8800Gt SLI, intel extreme quad core and 4 gigs of ram should run this pretty well.

My specs were
Vista dx10 mode
2gb ram
8800 GTS 500mb
e6750
28 inch monitor (1900x1200)

needless to say, my rig got raped by the demo which pretty much stopped me from buying this game. Pretty dissapointing, since my computer pretty much destroys games that got released after Crysis without a sweat. They should have spent more time to optimize.

SuperDave said:
Untamoi said:
Nighteyes_1981 said:
I didn't see the rest of the specs of the machine they were running there. Likely there's a bottleneck somewhere else.

Actually, I have read from couple of reviews that there is no such PC available currently which can run Crysis in very high settings with good framerates. So maybe even eliminating bottlenecks wouldn't help.

So the question then is, what kinda hardware did they use to develop it, because it would seem strange to develop software that runs poorly in your own dev environments.

Alien Life confirmed. They came here for video games!