By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Sales 11/29 ~ 12/05

CGI-Quality said:

GT5 sales aren't worrisome at all to me, especially when it will likely continue to be bundled somewhere down the line. The drop is steeper than I though too, but I know that it's not going to just die off.

Yeah, if worst comes to worst they'll just shovel it in with the bundle.

Racing games are great for bundles.  While not everyone would buy one, just about everyone is at least willing to play one for a bit.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Acevil said:
CGI-Quality said:
LovePeace said:

1M by 2014 maybe... lulz

Americas will follow Japan trend with GT5 for sure... So 70-120K this Week in Americas and we know that it did around 100K in U.K 2nd week. So the game was frontloaded... looks like it will have weak legs unless its bundled in the future...

Racing games aint the same... 3.5M by years end.

I sure hope you're joking.

CGI why do you hope? No point....you know he isn't joking. 

I'm allowed to hope, right?

I guess, but I think you should hope that he might one day look back and be like, damn that was unrealistic. 

thx1139 said:

So according to VGC numbers for last year

Wii down about 50,000 YoY

PS3 down about 13,000 YoY

X360 down about 1,000 YoY

DS down about 40,000 YoY

PSP up about 250K YoY

The "DOOM" time for the PS3's YoY numbers will come towards the end of Dec. The week ending Dec. 20th 2009 the PS3 sold 243k consoles (FF13 launch) and I don't think it's going to have a big boost like that this year. Even GT5 didn't move that many consoles.

I'm curious to see how Wii will end up. The sales have started doing better now (according to this), but it also had NSMB Wii launch in early Dec. last year. Will DKCR help to move some consoles?

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

A couple of things regarding TOG. First, while very close, why is everyone saying FW > LT? According to VGC, LT for the Wii version is 219,914 (?) Or is everyone looking at some other numbers?

Second, are you guys for real? Tales games should be PS3 only? There may be more Tales fans on PS3 than on Wii, but it's not some crazy ratio, the difference is not THAT big. And I won't even go into the Wii's version being ultra buggy, with a fix coming out only after the game sales went away. By that same logic of yours, COD should be 360 only with no PS3 version - just try selling that to Activision. Get real, multiplatform is the smart way to go for companies, exclusivity will take a game only so far.

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

OMG! From gaf

GOOOO Ni no Kuni!!!!!!

Ni no Kuni Gets 600,000 Orders

Level-5 sent Ni no Kuni off yesterday night in typical fashion, with a premier event that was attended by celebrities and a few lucky fans.

Famitsu.com, in its coverage of the event, reported that Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino greeted the crowd by revealing an initial order number of 600,000 units for the game. This is the highest initial order for any new Level-5 property, said Hino.

He added that the staff hopes to build Ni no Kuni into a title that sells one million or two million copies. "We consider Ni no Kuni to be Level-5's next big title to follow Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven."

The event consisted of a live gameplay demonstration followed by appearances by the primary voice cast as well as child actress Mana Ashida, who appears in the game's commercials. Songstress Mai closed off the evening with a performance of the game's ending theme, Kokoro no Kakera.

You can see pictures from the event at Famitsu.com.

Level-5 also provided a look at some cross promotions for Ni no Kuni.

Ni no Kuni will be seeing special downloads via the various Nintendo Zone services. Tsutaya and McDonalds will both be offering unique Imagine (Imagine are the monsters you collect and raise in the game) starting today. McDonalds will also offer patrons an image gallery featuring artwork from Studio Ghibli. Viewing this will not require the game.

The DS Ni no Kuni is actually one of two Ni no Kunis that hits later today. The other is the previously announced cell phone version, Ni no Kuni Hotroit Stories, which is being released to Level-5's ROID mobile portal as a series of ¥525 chapters. 

The first chapter, "Oliver and Mark," is available today and tells the story of Ni no Kuni main character Oliver and his friend Mark. The two live in Hotroit City, a town with a major car industry. They're out to create their own custom car and end up heading to an abandoned factory outside of town in search of parts.

Around the Network
bmmb1 said:

A couple of things regarding TOG. First, while very close, why is everyone saying FW > LT? According to VGC, LT for the Wii version is 219,914 (?) Or is everyone looking at some other numbers?

Second, are you guys for real? Tales games should be PS3 only? There may be more Tales fans on PS3 than on Wii, but it's not some crazy ratio, the difference is not THAT big. And I won't even go into the Wii's version being ultra buggy, with a fix coming out only after the game sales went away. By that same logic of yours, COD should be 360 only with no PS3 version - just try selling that to Activision. Get real, multiplatform is the smart way to go for companies, exclusivity will take a game only so far.

2 times more Wii's, yet it sells better on PS3, that's what they meant, I guess.

It's clear now where the Tales of fanbase has settled down in Japan. Especially for a dying franchise it's important not to split up its games on every console.

NoCtiS_NoX said:

OMG! From gaf

GOOOO Ni no Kuni!!!!!!

Ni no Kuni Gets 600,000 Orders

Level-5 sent Ni no Kuni off yesterday night in typical fashion, with a premier event that was attended by celebrities and a few lucky fans.

Famitsu.com, in its coverage of the event, reported that Level-5 CEO Akihiro Hino greeted the crowd by revealing an initial order number of 600,000 units for the game. This is the highest initial order for any new Level-5 property, said Hino.

He added that the staff hopes to build Ni no Kuni into a title that sells one million or two million copies. "We consider Ni no Kuni to be Level-5's next big title to follow Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven."

The event consisted of a live gameplay demonstration followed by appearances by the primary voice cast as well as child actress Mana Ashida, who appears in the game's commercials. Songstress Mai closed off the evening with a performance of the game's ending theme, Kokoro no Kakera.

You can see pictures from the event at Famitsu.com.

Level-5 also provided a look at some cross promotions for Ni no Kuni.

Ni no Kuni will be seeing special downloads via the various Nintendo Zone services. Tsutaya and McDonalds will both be offering unique Imagine (Imagine are the monsters you collect and raise in the game) starting today. McDonalds will also offer patrons an image gallery featuring artwork from Studio Ghibli. Viewing this will not require the game.

The DS Ni no Kuni is actually one of two Ni no Kunis that hits later today. The other is the previously announced cell phone version, Ni no Kuni Hotroit Stories, which is being released to Level-5's ROID mobile portal as a series of ¥525 chapters. 

The first chapter, "Oliver and Mark," is available today and tells the story of Ni no Kuni main character Oliver and his friend Mark. The two live in Hotroit City, a town with a major car industry. They're out to create their own custom car and end up heading to an abandoned factory outside of town in search of parts.

Wow awesome! Totally undertracked on COMG.

These PSP numbers make me mad >:(

at least wii did well and gt5 sold 55k on 2nd week

really sad about GT5 numbers