By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Increasing Likelihood of 3m Wiis Sold in US in Dec

Amazing really.. but you also forgot the DK push!! 

I must admit i doubted the wii, but it really came outa nowhere (and deservedly so lookin at its recent holiday lineup)

Around the Network

Sounds reasonable to me. Lets see what Wii can pull off once it is at 99 USD.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

That's rather one sided analysis.

In 2009 Wii had release of WSR and 2D Mario which were much bigger than DKC and Epic Mickey

in 2009 Wii was just after substantial price drop compared to single retailer wide price drop.

We don't have November NPD yet and only 100% certain part of it is 600k sales in Black Friday week. Assuming November 2010 number is estimate from VGC numbers and taking into consideration October Wii sales were 30-50k higher than NPD numbers that alone might mean substantial diffrence in Nov/Oct multiplier.

December 2009/October 2009 was 7,3x if we used it same way for 2010 we would have 1700k December.And that's another extreme just from looking at same numbers from diffrent perspective.

I predict 2400-2500k for December NPD.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

3M is good enough, after all PS2 had everything a 3rd party releases, Wii doesn't have the same support, anyway the console is not done yet and it can still manage to top 100M worldwide by end of next year.

jonno394 said:

I think there should be no doubt that the DS and Wii will be the top selling game items this christmas.  I first registered a few months back and I was surprised at the amount of people claiming the wii was dead and that it would be last in the holiday sales.

The wii is imo this generations PS2 (barring the mature and 3rd paty content the latter saw) but it is very much the"go to" console for most "casual" gamers and a price drop next year will only further cement this.

It's funny how people seem to think the Wii will have this momumental dropoff for no apparent reason, especialy considering Nintendo will probably support the console for at least one more year. Even if Nintendo DOES release a new console in the near future and cut off the life of the Wii prematurely, it should still sell strong, just like PS2 did after PS3's launch.

Everybody seems to love to point to future price drops for the PS3 in the future as the weapon that will catapult it over 360 and much closer to Wii, while they all forget that Nintendo has at least 2 more $50 price drops in their arsenal, and several possible additional bundles. Wii at $100 and its own ground-up Zelda game will be a force to be reckoned with, even if it has hardly any games released for it anymore.

Around the Network

Interesting (I don't agree btw)

But if this is the case, what would that put 360 at? Given it'll likely beat Wii in NOV NPD and it almost matched its BF?

Seece said:

But if this is the case, what would that put 360 at? Given it'll likely beat Wii in NOV NPD and it almost matched its BF?

The man's got a point!

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

I thin it can do at least 3.5M Worldwide so my prediction came right, about 800K down from last year may sound bad but it will have passed a milestone,  with DKCR, epic mickey and all the rest of the evergreen titles and the $150 from walmart, Wii just may have a chance, worst case scenario it would dso about 2.4M.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Seece said:

Really?

How are the numbers?

Mr.Metralha said:
Seece said:

Really?

How are the numbers?

We have 360 ahead 20k for Nov in Americas, so if we're spot on, 360 will win by more than that given Wii gets more sales from the rest of Americas than 360.