By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - GTFO GfWL !!!!

Great MO. Repeatedly insult someone, then put 'let's move on' at the end of the post.

It's about time that some people realised that criticising a product from a multi-billion dollar, multinational mega-corps isn't going to bring about the end of the world. I use Visual Studio 2010 every day and mostly enjoy working with it, but the design view for web pages is crap compared to what it was in VS 2005. Does that somehow make me biased against Microsoft? No, it just means I think there's a lot of room for improvement in one of their products.

Around the Network

what's funny is that MS themselves recognized it wasn't good and actually made a bit of effort to improve it, yet if an user criticizes it the MSDF quickly jumps in to defend the service.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Foamer said:

Great MO. Repeatedly insult someone, then put 'let's move on' at the end of the post.

It's about time that some people realised that criticising a product from a multi-billion dollar, multinational mega-corps isn't going to bring about the end of the world. I use Visual Studio 2010 every day and mostly enjoy working with it, but the design view for web pages is crap compared to what it was in VS 2005. Does that somehow make me biased against Microsoft? No, it just means I think there's a lot of room for improvement in one of their products.

Gald I'm not the only one that noticed this.

salaminizer said:

what's funny is that MS themselves recognized it wasn't good and actually made a bit of effort to improve it, yet if an user criticizes it the MSDF quickly jumps in to defend the service.

OMG, Microsoft must be biased against itself...

What's even better is that at least one MSDF member hasn't even used GfWL beyond downloading a game and another (paraphrased) 'can't understand why people criticise it' and then decides they don't want to hear any criticism.

Scoobes said:
Foamer said:

Gald I'm not the only one that noticed this.

Like I said, me saying GFW will be a major competitor shouldn't lead to a discussion shitting all over MS.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

It didn't. But hey, let's move on.

Foamer said:

It didn't. But hey, let's move on.

That's simply not true. But yes, moving on is a good idea.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)