By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The Fight: Lights Out Gets A Patch and Tip Videos

Not sure if any has reported this yet, but anyway, here it goes.  Coldwood Interactive has recently released Version 1.01 for The Fight.  This adds an optional transparency mode for your character , while also fixing several minor bugs.  I think this is a very welcome addition and should make fighting just a little easier.  Not that it was really hard to begin with.

Along with the patch, CI also released a few tip videos.  I think they mostly did these to poke some fun at the reviewers who didn't know how to land proper punches. 

Source

Around the Network

I do want this game (after I purchase move sometime between now and PS4 launch), but since I'm a mean and greedy person who never shares his PS3, buying an extra controller for this one game really doesn't seem to be justified.

One of iWaggle's biggest criticisms of the game has just been patched: transparent player character.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:

One of iWaggle's biggest criticisms of the game has just been patched: transparent player character.

that's what i was thinking.  i wonder if he'll re-review or update the review.  i more or less passed on this game after that review so now i'm wondering it the fight is worth buying.

The can release a 1,000 patches for all I care,no one's still going to buy this bargin bin special kind of game. lol

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
binary solo said:

that's what i was thinking.  i wonder if he'll re-review or update the review.  i more or less passed on this game after that review so now i'm wondering it the fight is worth buying.

How did that review turn you off to the game?  He pretty much praised everything about the game, while only really critisizing the transparency issue and not having a fixed distance option.  Anyway, I would definitely recommend The Fight.  Once you get everything set up properly, it's a blast to play.  Especially watching friends and family play.  It's also fun to just mess around and watch the fighter copy your motions. 

looks pretty good, i haven't played it yet, don't give a crap about reviews (it got terrible scores right?)

PullusPardus said:

looks pretty good, i haven't played it yet, don't give a crap about reviews (it got terrible scores right?)

Yea, it sits at 46 on Metacritic.  Though, some of the reviews were either poorly done or were inaccurate.  IGN being one of the worst offenders.  They said the controls were poor, but it was pointed out that the reviewer was recalibrating his controls everytime he went to block (he thought O was to block).

I wonder if reviewers are going to update they're reviews as the game receives patches...

Mr.Metralha said:

I wonder if reviewers are going to update they're reviews as the game receives patches...

Unfortunately, reviewers don't do this.  It would be nice to have an original review, and then as new patches are released, have notes added on to it.  Kinda like the updates in news articles.  I think this would help people out quite a bit when they may be looking to purchase the game down the line.  Oh well, maybe someone will start doing this.