By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Kinect beats Apple, becomes fastest selling device in gadget history!

pretty good ish man lol.

Around the Network

Honestly, I don't think Apple gives a damn.  Have you seen the value of one share of Apple's stock compared to Microsoft's?

It really is a great accomplishment.

However, when considering the following facts:

-Kinect is 150$, iPad is like... 400$ ?
-The Kinect Marketing push was much bigger and more expansive.
-The Ipad wasn't released during the holidays.

It makes senes that a device like the Kinect, that is very unique, will sell so much, in such a short time.

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

Balance Board actually wins this. Nice try though.

LivingMetal said:

Honestly, I don't think Apple gives a damn.  Have you seen the value of one share of Apple's stock compared to Microsoft's?

You do know the value of one share doesn't work exactly like that, when quantity of shares aren't exactly the same.... 

For example I could have 1000 shares priced at 10...and you could have 10 shares priced at 1000....

Now you should say:

"Apple most likely doesn't give a damn, did you see their total market capitalization. It is one of the highest in the world, higher than that of Microsoft"

Around the Network

good for the tech,not the kinnect games. lol

Sad day it is.......for apple!

Is it because Kinect is for everyone, while the iPad is for people with small penises and large wallets?

xD, if you're counting Kinect in this kind of stuff, Wii Fit is ahead by a mile. And if you wanna argue that it had more time to sell in EMEAA and Japan, then Pokewalker did more in a week launch aligned.

So there!

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Mistershine said:

Is it because Kinect is for everyone, while the iPad is for people with small penises and large wallets?

What?