By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The happy meal of video games.

Immortal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

I'm not trollin it is a widly excepted fact among gamers that the wii has waaaay to much Shovelware :P The PS2 had the same problem. I would like to point out though that if you try to argue that all ps3 games are shovelware you would be one of the biggest numptys on earth XDDDD I can think of very few games on the ps3 (that arnt multi plat) that could be regarded as shovelware. for the wii i just google it and i can find 100 in 10 mins.

You're still trying to make it look like those who enjoy Wii Sports like shovelware, which is completely untrue and trolling. Also, who are these "gamers" you speak of? I doubt it includes the ~200 million people who play the Wii. Besides, it's still very subjective whether or not anything is shovelware and attempting to pass it off as a fact is simply ridiculous.

heres one from Ng4 http://n4g.com/news/318133/wheat-from-the-chaff-the-wiis-shovelware-epidemic

Yeah i know my spelling sucks but im dysgraphic so live with it :3    

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Around the Network
Immortal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

I'm not trollin it is a widly excepted fact among gamers that the wii has waaaay to much Shovelware :P The PS2 had the same problem. I would like to point out though that if you try to argue that all ps3 games are shovelware you would be one of the biggest numptys on earth XDDDD I can think of very few games on the ps3 (that arnt multi plat) that could be regarded as shovelware. for the wii i just google it and i can find 100 in 10 mins.

You're still trying to make it look like those who enjoy Wii Sports like shovelware, which is completely untrue and trolling. Also, who are these "gamers" you speak of? I doubt it includes the ~200 million people who play the Wii. Besides, it's still very subjective whether or not anything is shovelware and attempting to pass it off as a fact is simply ridiculous.

heres another random one XD http://www.geeks.co.uk/10638-with-wii-shovelware-reaching-critical-mass-developers-are-switching-to-other-consoles

i just found all 3 of those sites in about 20 seconds. if you can find 3 that say the ps3 has shovelware then i will say you win. if you cant i rest my case ^^

---------------------------------------------------Bets--------------------------------------------------

Conegamer - I say that the PS3 will beat the DS next week in Japan  (for hardware sales) Forfeit is control over others avatar for 1 week.

Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Micheal Pachter a video game analyser said the wii has alot of shovelware. And where the hell did you pull out an extra 120 million people from O_O

And that means what exactly? It's his (and N4G's, looking at your next post) opinion, still not presentable fact. Also, Nintendo's studies showed that there are 100m Wii users in US alone and, err, 25m, I think it was, in Japan. Since Europe isn't that much smaller a market for Wii than US, I'd figure it would easily have 75% as many users.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Micheal Pachter a video game analyser said the wii has alot of shovelware. And where the hell did you pull out an extra 120 million people from O_O

And that means what exactly? It's his (and N4G's, looking at your next post) opinion, still not presentable fact. Also, Nintendo's studies showed that there are 100m Wii users in US alone and, err, 25m, I think it was, in Japan. Since Europe isn't that much smaller a market for Wii than US, I'd figure it would easily have 75% as many users.

That is some pretty weird logic. By the way shovelware are games that are made quick and generally get very bad reviews. the wii and ps2 (though not quite as many) has aloooooooooot of those kind of game. yes its just opinion, but i cant find anyone with hat opinion of the ps3 (other than you and ur complet lack of any proof) and loooots of the wii. thats generally a good sign its ture XD

Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

That is some pretty weird logic. By the way shovelware are games that are made quick and generally get very bad reviews. the wii and ps2 (though not quite as many) has aloooooooooot of those kind of game. yes its just opinion, but i cant find anyone with hat opinion of the ps3 (other than you and ur complet lack of any proof) and loooots of the wii. thats generally a good sign its ture XD

Why is it weird?

Anyway, if you define shovelware as quickly made games that get bad reviews, then, yes, there's a lot of shovelware on the Wii. I thought you were speaking of the general connotation of shovelware, bad games, which would be completely untrue. Also, I never said that PS3 has a lot of shovelware, I said I could argue that. And I told you already, I won't because that'd be trolling.

Anyway, this argument's just going in circles and neither one of us is gonna be convinced otherwise so there's really no point.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Around the Network
Immortal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Immortal said:
Chibi.V.29 said:

Why is it weird?

Anyway, if you define shovelware as quickly made games that get bad reviews, then, yes, there's a lot of shovelware on the Wii. I thought you were speaking of the general connotation of shovelware, bad games, which would be completely untrue. Also, I never said that PS3 has a lot of shovelware, I said I could argue that. And I told you already, I won't because that'd be trolling.

Anyway, this argument's just going in circles and neither one of us is gonna be convinced otherwise so there's really no point.

i am saying the wii has alot of bad games ^^ thats exactly what a game with low review scores is generally XDDDD

I've put more than 25 hours into Wii Sports. And I just haven played it more because the Wii has far too many awesome games for me to have time to play them all.

Above: still the best game of the year.

You're ignoring the significance of the single biggest social phenomenon to come out of videogames since the original Super Mario Bros

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

There aren't shovelware games on the Wii. There are just games a select group of people don't like.

Above: still the best game of the year.

Mr Khan said:

You're ignoring the significance of the single biggest social phenomenon to come out of videogames since the original Super Mario Bros

i used to love that game ^^ im such a classic games whore XDDD