By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA: Apple can challenge Sony, MS in console war

Seece said:

Id like to see Sony and MS unite and buy activision, ubisoft, take two and capcom and take them down if this happened.

wow, that would be the evil empire to deal with.  THey would have to get ride of kotick or they might as well take over hell. Don't get me wrong I would be ON ms and sony side at that point. But we should all get to punch kotick or vote who to punch him.

then apple would unit with google. I'm calling it.

Around the Network

Sheeeeeeeeeeeit. As long as there's a fruit on the back and its made of sleek looking plastic, it will sell record shattering numbers. A scary thought, a console that sells and gains marketshare simply because the fans are on autopilot.

If this board was overrun by Apple fanboys, I would surely delete my account and never look back, they are the worst kind of fanboys in the world imo.

Xbbjf9s said:
Acevil said:
Seece said:
hatmoza said:

ugh, could you imagine the Apple fanboys ... I just don't want to think about this anymore.

I don't think ANYONE wants them in the industry except Apple themselves, Apple fanboys and Activision probably ...

Seriously I think Apple is the only thing that would actually unite us gamers for one common annoying enemy. 

This...nothing, i mean NOTHING is worse than an apple disciple.

We're all experienced in the world of gaming though, Apple fanbosy are happy with their domination in phones and what have you, but it wouldn't be so easy for Apple in the gaming console field.

With U$51 billion in the bank, you bet your ass they can.

I love my mac, ive used apple computers since they were using the old g4 procecessor made by ibm, they have always been very solid pieces of hardware but more importantly the software has always been top notch, stable, fluid and very user friendly.  Now i know that most of you (from what ive read) hate apple for some reason or other, but for me their products have been second to none, and if they were to enter the gaming market they would bring one of the best engineering teams in the field of electonics, and im not just talking about product design but technology first and foremost. 

You know those wonderful touch screen phones that most of us use(whether its an iphone or not)  apple is the company responsible for mainstreaming that technology.  Their products are inovative, sleek, easy to use and have excellent build quality, and for the very few times i have had to use it the customer service has always been top notch, i don't see how apple entering the console market good be anything but good, through their inovation, design and resources they could push console gaming to a new level and push sony and ms to new hights as well good competion almost always breeds excellent products for the consumer, but for now, Im PS3 all the way.

I hate you platinum, I hate you......PS3 FTW.........PSN ID: Battousai147

Around the Network

I don't think that the market could support four players without seriously compromising increases in power generation over generation.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Please no. Something tells me it's going to happen though...

"To play or not to play, that is the question."- A wise man

Lifetime sales prediction

Wii 79/150 million

Xbox 360 47.7/73 Million

PS3 43.6/69 Million

The console market would be ripe for the plucking... if Nintendo hadn't already turned this market on its head before Apple could. Too much blood in the water right now, not enough opportunity to lead. So Apple will stick with the low-risk Apple TV that mostly just leverages a bunch of resources Apple had lying around anyway.

What would be the best part of Apple joining the console race? Most of posters in this thread would be banned for trolling.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Wow @ all the Apple haters foaming at the mouth at the mere thought of Apple entering the videogaming industry. XD

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

I don't think Apple would stand a chance in the gaming industry.  They would need to spend billions to secure exclusives to their hardware since they don't have any first part studios.  There best bet would be Just to buy $ony since $ony already has established an brand name and has plenty of Awesome first party studios.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller