By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shortly to be a 3 console owner

Well, after having PS3, Wii and PC for a long while I'm finally getting a 360.  It's on order and due to arrive soon.

I'd flirted around a 360 for a while, but struggled to justify the purchase to myself (bear in mind on PC I have Valve titles, Mass Effect, etc and on PS3 I have probably over 85% or more of the same library as 360 available).  It wasn't cost - I just don't buy stuff without some decent - dare I say reasonable - justification.

But, my eldest son is now a teenager, he's been asking for one, and this gives me the perfect 'stealth' justification.

So, he get's a 360 coming for Christmas and - indirectly - so do I!  Just waiting to hear what the wife says when she finds out you have to pay for online vs the PS3/Wii/PC...

So, I have Reach and CoD:BO on order, too.  I have pretty much every big recent multi and the only exclusives that appeal outside Reach and CoD are Halo 3 and Gears (which I've played on friends 360s but might pick up cheap) so I'm interested if any other notable titles I might have missed that are 360 exclusive and in particular I'm interested in any good XBLA games - I hear Limbo is very good for example.  I've played Alan Wake so I doubt I'll bother with it given it's a short SP only afair but am interested in anything else good.

BTW - not to cause trouble but I thought it was interesting my son made it clear he didn't want Kinect!  I think he thinks its a bit meh for his age group (13).  I didn't want to force it on him so got a 360 250GB and will pick up Kinect in January for myself so he doesn't feel I'm making him have it.

So... I also want more Kinect feedback.  Kinect Sports / Dance Central going by reviews and general feedback seem the only two really worthwhile titles at the moment.  Joy Ride I hate in principle and Kinectimals for sure isn't for me.  Anything else good though at the moment?

Ta!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:

First off congrats! Welcome to the kool kidz klub of all console ownerz!

I'd recommend Fable 2/3 and Ninja Gaiden 2.

If you liked infamous and enjoy a lot of ridiculous, over the top action I'd also suggest checking out either of the Crackdowns. Crackdown 1 can probably be bought with the change in a linty pocket nowadays. It's a neat little action romp to pop in every once in a while.

For XBLA... hmmm... Well I picked up Splosion Man last week when it was on sale. It's a neat little title. I've heard great things about Limbo, Braid and Castlecrashers too. I know the latter two are available elsewhere but if you haven't invested in them yet I see this as a great opportunity. Shadow Complex has been well received too. It's a Metroid-like side scroller developed by Epic Games.

I haven't had the opportunity to play it but Lost Odyssey seems to be one of the biggest buried gems of this gen.

The KKK? For realz?

If you get Kinect, Dance Central

Infinite Undiscovery

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

gratz, but as a three console owner myself i can tell you it's overrated.  in theory it great to have access to all games but in reality it leads to a lot of console neglect - there are just too many good games to get to them all.

but anyways, gratz on your purchase.  as far as kinect goes, i can't give any real feedback as i don't have one but the one other game i've heard buzz for is your shape fitness evolved.  a coworker of mine has it and she likes it a lot.  i'm not sure you want a fitness game but i've played wii fit and EA active on my wii and i have to say - being able to exercise without holding a controller is would have improved both of those games.  i have to imagine fitness games is one place where kinect can really shine against the compitition.

You may have backed yourself into a bit of a corner in terms of library, given that your tastes are not as broad as some.

How do you feel about Final Fantasy as a gametype?

Ajescent said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

First off congrats! Welcome to the kool kidz klub of all console ownerz!

I'd recommend Fable 2/3 and Ninja Gaiden 2.

If you liked infamous and enjoy a lot of ridiculous, over the top action I'd also suggest checking out either of the Crackdowns. Crackdown 1 can probably be bought with the change in a linty pocket nowadays. It's a neat little action romp to pop in every once in a while.

For XBLA... hmmm... Well I picked up Splosion Man last week when it was on sale. It's a neat little title. I've heard great things about Limbo, Braid and Castlecrashers too. I know the latter two are available elsewhere but if you haven't invested in them yet I see this as a great opportunity. Shadow Complex has been well received too. It's a Metroid-like side scroller developed by Epic Games.

I haven't had the opportunity to play it but Lost Odyssey seems to be one of the biggest buried gems of this gen.

The KKK? For realz?

lolz

Around the Network

It fills my heart with pride every time someone displays a lack of bias and embraces.....wait.  Let me check.  Yeah, that's pride.  Like I was saying, it fills my heart with pride every time someone shows that they care more about gaming than anything else and embraces all consoles equally.  Looks like you have your bases covered.  I'd recommend just spending the first day or so getting familiar with the console, the new features, and downloading demos of any game that interests you (definitely try Limbo, Splosion Man, and Shadow Complex).  I doubt you'll regret your console purchase. 

And as for telling your wife about paying for online, do what I did:  Don't tell her shit!!  It's easier on everybody when you lie and hide things.  It makes the relationship stronger.

*edit*  when I started writing this post, nobody had posted yet!  Now everything I said has already been said!!

trasharmdsister12 said:
Ajescent said:

The KKK? For realz?

I see we have some quick ones running around VGChartz.

As the newest inductee into the kkk (not to be confused with the unaffiliated KKK) you will be taking over as resident n00b and trashleg will be promoted to full member status.

I was kidding :p

I'm not a 360 owner so I don't deserve a "KoolKK" membership. I'm a Darksider I'm afraid x_x

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

If you like JRPG's, you have to buy Lost Odyssey. Maybe Tales of Vesperia too, if you can find a copy.

Crackdown offers some good action here and there.

I don't know if you'll like Fable all that much, honestly. But I'd suggest you look into it.

As for XBLA...get Limbo, Maw (if you haven't on PC),'Splosion Man, Toy Soldiers, and Trials HD. There's many others, but these are what I can think of at the moment.

Edit: And Shadow Complex, definitely.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

Well I am also leaning towards buying either a 360 or a WII as my next purchase since my PS3 gave its life to the YLOD. In my country Sony does not repair PS3s but they only replace them and if your PS3 is out of warranty for more than a year then you have to pay 75 percent of the cost of a new PS3 which is huge. I am not happy about this and I wish to buy a console with a less failure rate and I have heard WII is a very reliable console but at the same time I am worried about the games library. So the next best thing seems the 360 slim (quieter and hopefully more reliable than the FAT 360) since Sony's customer service is very expensive and not good at all here but I do like some of their exclusives :(

Sorry If i have been a bit offtopic but I am happy for you that you will get to experience gaming on all the three consoles. I also feel interested in kinect to some extent. However I may not go for kinect even if I purchase a 360 in the future for space issues in my room, since I only have so much space for myself than for a Non Controller based motion Gaming arena lol. I am sure you will have the space thing covered and all the best with your purchase.

Nice, lets get this party started!