By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - NY Times: Kinect "deserves to be the technology hit of the year"

Acevil said:

Actually if you read this dude's article he comes off really fanboyish towards microsoft. Seriously didn't think that professional journalism would hire such people...I just remember his other articles, he seems to really dislike the wii and even to certain extent the ps3.

(This is excluding this article, I am not going to say what deserves the technology of the year, whether it be kinect or something else.)

So just cuz this journalist likes the Kinect more it means automatic fanboyism?!? Well then, I guess is a damn extreme fanboy by those standards!

Around the Network
Soonerman said:
Acevil said:

Actually if you read this dude's article he comes off really fanboyish towards microsoft. Seriously didn't think that professional journalism would hire such people...I just remember his other articles, he seems to really dislike the wii and even to certain extent the ps3.

(This is excluding this article, I am not going to say what deserves the technology of the year, whether it be kinect or something else.)

So just cuz this journalist likes the Kinect more it means automatic fanboyism?!? Well then, I guess is a damn extreme fanboy by those standards!

Maybe you should read some of his other stuff that is excluding Kinect. Trust me as you read his stuff, it seems he is bitter he bought a wii, and he sometimes takes cheapshots the playstation move. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

thx1139 said:

More and more articles like this will start to take its toll on Wii sales. Maybe only minimally the remainder of this year, but defintely next year.

There's been articles like this ever since third-party companies decided they didn't wanna make stuff for Wii, and they've yet to even make a dent in Wii's sales. Why would that change now?

dreamcast210 said:
daroamer said:
Areym said:

I'm not saying the Kinect isn't a great piece of technology, it is by all means, but i can't shake that "EyeToy" feeling off me when i see it. Nintendo's threat are both Sony and Microsoft.  If Nintendo stops putting out high rated games even for a few months, your gonna see their sales take a dive. Anyways, both Move and Kinect are in their early stages, we just have t wait and see before we start throwing around any kind of awards.

Try PLAYING it.

It's not the same experience.

He's got a point. I had a friend trying to tell me that Kinect is really not that different than the Wii. I kept telling him he needed to try Kinect before he said that. I had him over to my house to play it. The end result? He went out an got Kinect.

Once you play it, you understand.

I did, It plays like the PS Eye, but a bit better, without the Move...

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

A bit better? Noob alert!

Paul

dreamcast210 said:
daroamer said:
Areym said:

I'm not saying the Kinect isn't a great piece of technology, it is by all means, but i can't shake that "EyeToy" feeling off me when i see it. Nintendo's threat are both Sony and Microsoft.  If Nintendo stops putting out high rated games even for a few months, your gonna see their sales take a dive. Anyways, both Move and Kinect are in their early stages, we just have t wait and see before we start throwing around any kind of awards.

Try PLAYING it.

He's got a point. I had a friend trying to tell me that Kinect is really not that different than the Wii. I kept telling him he needed to try Kinect before he said that. I had him over to my house to play it. The end result? He went out an got Kinect.

I played it and I think it sucks, do I not "get it"?

ElGranCabeza said:
dreamcast210 said:
daroamer said:
Areym said:

Try PLAYING it.

I played it and I think it sucks, do I not "get it"?

You have what they call an opinion. With this opinion your thoughts are shaped upon your experience along with your preconceived notions. There are many senarios that could play out in your opinion depending on those two things. The wonderful thing about your opinion is that it is true. But it is only true for you and those who agree with you.

The same holds true for my opinion and those who agree with me.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

oldschoolfool said:
dreamcast210 said:

Let me guess, everyone who hasn't tried Kinect things it's not deserved. Everyone who has thinks it is deserved.

No,I haven't tried it and I'm in the thinks it's deserved category. lol

And I've tried it and don't think it deserves it.  So I would say you are wrong.

Fun, but overrated.  I've been doing aerobic exercises without a Kinect for a long time.