By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2011 to be 360's peak year?

Kinect has been proven to be an unstobable force like Wii Fit and Wii Sports. With a full year of Kinect, pricecuts, Gears 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Forza 4, ModernWarfare 3 with exclusive dlc on 360, improving live, possible rockstar games, new batman game, and tons of unnounced games by microsoft I believe next year the 360 can sell 13 million units making 2011 the 360's peak year. You can quote me on it!

Around the Network

I'll quote you on it all right, especially when it's wrong.

stopstopp said:

I'll quote you on it all right, especially when it's wrong.

nope i wont be wrong ;)

Well... What are we expecting for 2010 total sales?

Its possible. Two things happened in the last year i didn't expect. 1, the 360 sold extremely well for a fifth year console. A few days before I left the site, I remember reading a thread that said the 360 was all downhill from then.

And number 2, Kinect actually sold. Alot.

. . . Creeps me out man. Creeps me out. I can feel it staring at me when I'm sleeping. And my Xbox is across the house.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there currently aren't any real system seller titles for 360 on the horizon. Not that it really matters-- its been a generation since games were the reasons systems sold. But it still sucks

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network

The only thing that will really help 360 next year will be kinect. Have you forgotten that almost all the games you have mentioned are also on PS3? There is also a good chance Left4dead 3 will also be on PS3? Nevertheless black friday has proven that kinect is a huge seller and it  it will probably push the 360 past the 13 million mark.

toastboy44562 said:

Kinect has been proven to be an unstobable force like Wii Fit and Wii Sports. With a full year of Kinect, pricecuts, Gears 3, Left 4 Dead 3, Forza 4, ModernWarfare 3 with exclusive dlc on 360, improving live, possible rockstar games, new batman game, and tons of unnounced games by microsoft I believe next year the 360 can sell 13 million units making 2011 the 360's peak year. You can quote me on it!

You make it seem like there is so much next year when all I remember is Gears 3 which is delayed to who knows when.

SpartenOmega117 said:

The only thing that will really help 360 next year will be kinect. Have you forgotten that almost all the games you have mentioned are also on PS3? There is also a good chance Left4dead 3 will also be on PS3? Nevertheless black friday has proven that kinect is a huge seller and it  it will probably push the 360 past the 13 million mark.

true but multiplatform games will push 360 more because if they want to play those games only they will go for 360 because it's a cheaper option (and always will be) than ps3

toastboy44562 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

true but multiplatform games will push 360 more because if they want to play those games only they will go for 360 because it's a cheaper option (and always will be) than ps3

PS3 $199 WORLD EXPLODES!

/end comment

SpartenOmega117 said:
toastboy44562 said:
SpartenOmega117 said:

PS3 $199 WORLD EXPLODES!

/end comment

by then it'll be 2013 and 360 will be 100$ though...