By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2011 to be 360's peak year?

final fantasy will sure push many ps3

uncharted is become very succesful it's the best game in ps3 so i think it could push 50

and infamous 2 is far better then the first so it could have new fan of the game

and i said 2011 could be the peak year of  ps3 if they do a price cut even 50 dollars but without price cut it's imposible

in conclusion it's just a prediction i'm new in the forum

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Around the Network
small44 said:

final fantasy will sure push many ps3

uncharted is become very succesful it's the best game in ps3 so i think it could push 50

and infamous 2 is far better then the first so it could have new fan of the game

and i said 2011 could be the peak year of  ps3 if they do a price cut even 50 dollars but without price cut it's imposible

in conclusion it's just a prediction i'm new in the forum

Don't worry I didn't want to pick on you

In general sequels tend to push less hardware because a lot of people bought the console for the previous game already. It's not like the console will sell bad in 2011 but beating the very good 2009 and 2010 years could be difficult. In the end all consoles are getting older and had most of their system sellers released already so it's just the way it goes, really.

But I doubt a 50$ price cut can match the impact of a 100$ price cut coupled with a redesigned system. Well, we'll have a better picture in... about a year

i am with with you that the sequel in general don't push meny systhem but when it has a big differance between the game and the sequel many new people will buy the game and possiblly buy a new console

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

infinitezer0 said:

In my opinion, the 360 has already peaked.. and it's going to be mostly PS3 from here on out.

Same thing people said after '08... and '09...

Cirio said:
squall747 said:

Yeah Gears of War 3 will be coming out in November for the Holidays 2011. Seems like Epic will have a lot of extra time polishing the game up. Gonna be the best game of 2011 for me. As far as Kinect goes we know their are other games coming. Which will obviously be all exclusive to 360. Not sure on the dates for the ones showed in Tokyo though. I'm gonna be interested in seeing more of the kinect games the Japanese developers are making at 2011 E3. I may have to get a kinect myself next year.

I know Gears 3 will be big, but do you think MW3 can hurt it in sales? CoD games release in November too, and I don't see the series slowing down in popularity anytime soon...

Hmm that's a good question but is MW3 due for 2011? I think for Xbox users it would be a difficult choice if they have to pick 1 or the other. It's possible they would hurt each others sales but to what extent who knows. I know for me If I had to choose one it would be Gears of war 3 but I'd be able to purchase both which I would do. But their is no doubt in my mind no matter what happens Gears of War 3 will be the best selling exclusive game of 2011.

Around the Network

I think 2010 is going to be 360's peak year thanks to Slim and Kinect.

I don't see great things for 360 next year.

It all depends on price, price, price. If MS has the ability to really push down prices into the mass market levels of, say, $129/$229 for their consoles with $199/$299 Kinect bundles, it has a chance.

Hard to tell, really. A lot is riding on Sony, the longterm success of Kinect, and saturation.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Could very well be the 360s peak year when talking about sales

Talking about games though, then I kinda' have to say heeell no.

The sales will mostly be due to kinect.

This year:

The 360 had a redesign.

Kinect launched.With all it's games.

360's biggest exclusive game,Halo Reach,launched.

Fable 3 launched.

Call of Duty BO launched,360's biggest multiplatform game yet.

Mass Effect 2 launched.

Alan Wake launched.

What's coming next year doesn't even compare to 2010.

Should just pass 13 mill this year, if it beats that in it's 6th year ... that is VERY impressive.