By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - .....Wii passes GC lifetime sales in Japan...or so it seems.

Somehow i get the feeling that everyone forgot about this little detail. I actually think that it's a very important milestone for Nintendo, what do you guys think? Wii FTW (whetever that means) ?

Total  Wii sales in Japan since launch :            4,065,352

Total Gamecube sales In Japan since launch : 4,024,121

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

People have mentioned it in the charts pages. In terms of worldwide numbers, it seems that the Wii will surpass GC in 2-3 months. USA will take a while though.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Its great for the Wii it really deserves it nice just 1 year. Hope Ps3 can do it in 2009.

So i'm old news ;( ?

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

God i miss my Gamecube, lost it when my house burned down *tear* i miss my sonic adventure battle 2 chaos garden.

Anywho, that is good news for nintendo.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network

wii will stop selling confirmed. I mean now that everyone in Japan who owned a GC has upgraded to a wii, where to get sales from?

After all, PS2 owners are still waiting to upgrade to PS3, as my friend J-Leo always points out.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

great milestone would of happened faster if wii sales didnt slow down

......What about all those silly japanese people that don't have time for playing even 10 hour games? Maybe they could lend a hand to future Wii sales ;).

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

The Wii has the curve of the winners, just between the PS2 and the DS :

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Japan&cons2=PS2&reg2=Japan&cons3=DS&reg3=Japan&weeks=55

Though it will unlikely have the same christmas as the DS, which sold 300k, 400k, 600k and 400k on the four weeks of it's second christmas.

It also surpassed GameCube in "others"