By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November NPD numbers released today

Just a heads up: NPD numbers for November will be released today between 16:00 and 18:30 eastern USA time (i.e. 6-8 hours from now).

It will be interesting to see how VGChartz and NPD numbers will compare in a month marked by high Black Friday sales and the Toys R US promotion on Wii software. NPD's numbers for Wii software shouldn't be taken as gospel because they're apparently not receiving sales data from TRU anymore.

Here is TheSource's writeup on expectations for the numbers: http://vgchartz.com/news/news.php?id=696

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Given the TRU sales numbers (which likely were extremely high considering I haven't heard yet of a TRU that had more than 30-40 total games left after their sale a couple weeks ago), I'd say NPD is very inaccurate.

SW-5120-1900-6153

@thetonestarr

They still account for TRU sales, they just aren't provided the sales information direct from that retailer. Just like ioi covers less than 10%, he still accounts for the other 90%+. NPD is the most accurate source the industry has for NA sales, ATM.

Unfortunately, I have a christmas party for my job tonight at 18:30, so I may miss the numbers. I'll be checking here from my iPhone, but I won't be able to create GIFs like I wanted to. *sadness*

yeah to bad it doesnt track TRU anymore

@dolla dolla

That sucks. The GIFs are usually the high point of any NPD thread.

Around the Network
Dolla Dolla said:
@thetonestarr

They still account for TRU sales, they just aren't provided the sales information direct from that retailer. Just like ioi covers less than 10%, he still accounts for the other 90%+.

True, but I'm really doubtful about how anyone can track Wii software for November without data from TRU.

TRU did the kind of promotion which can throw away usual trends. Without knowing how much software TRU received from Nintendo, it's impossible to know how much software they sold, let alone the relative performance of each title...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

it's really a pitty that iam sleeping at this time :(
i want to stay awake but i must work tomorrow ...

Dolla Dolla said:
 but I won't be able to create GIFs like I wanted to. *sadness*

I so look forward to your Gifs.  Please, keep them coming. 

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Let me be the first to say that this NPD report proves that VGChartz is under tracking all my favorite consoles/software, and over tracking all the consoles/software I do not support. I DEMAND that these number be adjusted, even though VGcharts estimates may be more accurate than NPD estimates for this time frame. That is all.

;)

because a fansite is more accurate then a multi million dollar business right wiistation?

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.