By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - FIFA World Cup 2018 & 2022 host nations announced.

PullusPardus said:
Scoobes said:
PullusPardus said:
ProdigyBam said:

World Cup in

- a country that forbids alcohol (yeah football without alcohol)

- a country where are only 1 million people (dont know where 2 million more want to stay)

- a country where in summer its as hot as 45-50 ° celsius (dont know how the teams and visitiers want to survive that)

- a country which football team never made it to a worldcup and nobody knows the players

- a country where women are oppressed (football without women?)

= EPIC fail

really good decision fifa... meh :/

but congratulations to russia :D

-i guess everyone is going to melt before finishing the match, i mean teams never ever went outside to sweat in their homelands (did you know south africa is hotter than qatar?)

-how many times did USA and Russia win the world cup again ?

Ok, now his post was stupid and I think Qatar has the money to pull off a decent tournament, but these points are equally stupid.

- All teams suffer if the temperature is too hot. Athletes are not at their best and the quality of football suffers. Also, South Africa was actually very cold when the World Cup was on.

- They at least qualify for the world cup and are competitive. Qatar is effectively taking a place in the world cup finals over a better and more deserving team.

and do you know that its very cold in winter in qatar? heat isn't really an issue, especially if you realize that outside of the desert areas , the weather is just fine, think of it like Las Vegas , in the desert areas its very hot , but in the town area its very cool, and i am sure that Qatar isn't going to host the matches in the middle of nowhere

Er... have you ever been to Las Vegas?

In the summer it's hot as hell.  I know because I currently live here...

and one of my last jobs was going door to doo in the middle of summer.  It's miserable.

Around the Network

breaking news:

the 2026 world cup is to be hosted on the private pitch of a saudi oligarach who is "good friends" with FIFA president Blatter, only teams that pay an entry bung of £2.5m to the oligarch may enter and the results are pre determined by a russian mafia betting syndicate, only people with a yearly income of over £1m will be allowed to attend matches and any journalists seen within 3 miles of the games will mysteriously end up dead the following morning.

the majority of the world media have declared it a prudent decision free from any slight hint of corruption

our Australian bid was pretty crap anyway, if you seen the bid video they made us look like fucking Stereotypes which was insulting.. plus Qatar deserved it, they just had a much stronger bid and the money, all we had was $45 million AUD other country's offered more, we just need to bribe better next time

Russia is fine. They have enough money, and just as importantly, enough political will, to build the necessary stadiums.

But unless I am wrong... is not Qatar basically a city? They would have  5 stadiums in one city?

England and Japan were my picks :(... Russia not the best option IMO, England or Belgium/holland... Qatar, I dunno, I would have guessed UAE, but hey those countries can offer a great show, they have the money to built it, unfortunately they miss the latinamerican passion for the game, Argentina should be an espectacular place to host the WC...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
leatherhat said:

America is the richest country in the world and on the cusp of becoming a nation that likes soccer. FIFA really blew an opportunity not letting us host. 

Lol is that why they're on this oil looting that is called "war against terrorism" ?

Its an indisputable fact

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

well I just learned that after the world cup in QATAR finishes they will dismantle the stadiums and relocate them to developing countries.

Hard offer to pass up lol.

Lets all go to Qatar dyhradation is the only thing there is as there is nothing to do in the middle of the desert which is better. Air Con Stadiums yea wat about every one else for the 90% of the time when you wont be at a  game i don't really like soccer but i know things arn't fair. If i had a lot of oil money i bet i could hold the world cup at my local indoor sports ground with the heaters to 50 centigrade

Here are my thoughts.

Qatar should definitely not had been picked for 2022. Of course it's the fuckin bribery. What else.

South Korea should've been picked for 2022.

No way Australia would've hosted the 2022. Half the nation doesn't give a shit about Football. Australia would've been the second worst choice behind Qatar. Look at the embarassing 1 vote they got during Round 1 and what a suprise. Got eliminated. I heard the Australian Captain saying that they were so close to their dream of hosting the Tournament in 2022... So close my arse bullshit.

Star-Wars-Josh9 said:

Lets all go to Qatar dyhradation is the only thing there is as there is nothing to do in the middle of the desert which is better. Air Con Stadiums yea wat about every one else for the 90% of the time when you wont be at a  game i don't really like soccer but i know things arn't fair. If i had a lot of oil money i bet i could hold the world cup at my local indoor sports ground with the heaters to 50 centigrade

You do realise Air-con is available virtually everywhere in Qatar? You go from air-con house/hotel to air-con car to air-con stadium etc. You don't need to stay outside any longer than you have to.

Now, the real worry is the players. They're going to boil on the pitch.