By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Grinder: Wii vs ps360 version

I am far more interested in the Wii version.  But mainly thats because I don't like top down shooters, so my preference is on game style, not on which console the game is better on.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

The Wii version will be great when the game is finished.

Dead Ops Arcade in Call of Duty Black Ops looks already better than the HD version of the Grinder...

I have no interest at all in the HD versions. However, this doesn't means I am confident in what they are doing for the Wii. So far, HVS have showed high proficiency in the technical side but, so far, they failed to impress me in the design side. The Wii game looks good, but that is still far from being a good game.

Monteblanco said:

I have no interest at all in the HD versions. However, this doesn't means I am confident in what they are doing for the Wii. So far, HVS have showed high proficiency in the technical side but, so far, they failed to impress me in the design side. The Wii game looks good, but that is still far from being a good game.

So basically it's a wait and see.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network

The 3 most relevant posts.

Mr Khan
There is no L4D on the Wii which The Grinder is set after in design style. On HD the top down arcade style will serve it better.

Puglsy
Clearely plays HD FPS alot(because there are lot's of them) and is more interested in The Grinder HD.

Monteblanco
HVS is great on the technical design side, but lack the ability to make good gameplay.

Out of these 3 posts I don't really think anything else needs to be said. Look them up to get the full details, but they cover everything that needs to be said about The Grinder on all consoles. Though I think it's best to give them the opportunity. People learn from their mistakes and we will know a little more about their design ability a little more come TC2. As for their Gladiator game. I'm wondering if the reason it took such a left turn is because of publisher pressure. Though I still hope the best of luck for HVS they are bucking the small studio trend by staying independent of ownership by publishers and are just published.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

.jayderyu said:

The 3 most relevant posts.

Mr Khan
There is no L4D on the Wii which The Grinder is set after in design style. On HD the top down arcade style will serve it better.

Puglsy
Clearely plays HD FPS alot(because there are lot's of them) and is more interested in The Grinder HD.

Monteblanco
HVS is great on the technical design side, but lack the ability to make good gameplay.

Out of these 3 posts I don't really think anything else needs to be said. Look them up to get the full details, but they cover everything that needs to be said about The Grinder on all consoles. Though I think it's best to give them the opportunity. People learn from their mistakes and we will know a little more about their design ability a little more come TC2. As for their Gladiator game. I'm wondering if the reason it took such a left turn is because of publisher pressure. Though I still hope the best of luck for HVS they are bucking the small studio trend by staying independent of ownership by publishers and are just published.

According to our journalist user Viper1, that was the case.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Looks great but I need See the gameplay first before buy this game!

hvs have given me a great deception with the conduit!

Saludos!!

I was always planning to buy The Grinder on Wii but now the PS3 version looks nice as I liked Gauntlet a lot.

The HD version looks like a bad Gautlet remake. 

Still, I have little faith in HVS based upon its latest effort (I am probably the only person here who bought Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV