By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wiisports in top 10 million sellers

nintendo_fanboy said:
waahh Wii Sports is a pack-in we shouldn't count it and it's destroying the gaming we know anyway so I hate it OMG ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!

Stop whining, fanboy

Says the guy whose username is "nintendo_fanboy".

I just dislike it because it goes on a bunch of unproveable assumptions. We dont' really know what it would sell, and what price it would retail for and such. So to rank it amongst the best SELLING games ever seems to be a tad presumptuous.

Around the Network

Wii Sports and the Wii are probably the greatest symbiotic relationship in a system and a pack-in since Game Boy and Tetris. Maybe even greater than that.

So say we all, yo.

white devil said:
nintendo_fanboy said:
waahh Wii Sports is a pack-in we shouldn't count it and it's destroying the gaming we know anyway so I hate it OMG ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!

Stop whining, fanboy

I just dislike it because it goes on a bunch of unproveable assumptions. We dont' really know what it would sell, and what price it would retail for and such. So to rank it amongst the best SELLING games ever seems to be a tad presumptuous.

isnt mario bros on there as well with about 40 million? start thinking before writing. 

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
white devil said:
nintendo_fanboy said:

Stop whining, fanboy

isnt mario bros on there as well with about 40 million? start thinking before writing.

I'm against ALL bundled games being counted as a sale. It's definitely an important statisitic to keep track of, but it shouldn't count as a sale because you never know how a bundled piece of software will perform (unless it's like the 360 pack, where it pretty much sold all it could before bundling).

i don't see why not count bundles

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Well it's the same as in the weekly charts: You have to know which games are bundled and which ones are not that you can compare the sales proberly.
Not including them at all in the charts would be wrong too, so we just choose the better of two possibilities that are both not perfect.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

nintendo_fanboy said:
Well it's the same as in the weekly charts: You have to know which games are bundled and which ones are not that you can compare the sales proberly.
Not including them at all in the charts would be wrong too, so we just choose the better of two possibilities that are both not perfect.

That's true. But I try to do the math and remove bundled software from the totals every week. An intersting sidenote, when you take out Wii Sports, Forza2 and Marvel, Wii software comes FAR closer to Xbox 360 software sales than with the bundled games represented. I think something like that is an important piece of information to have on site where we discuss sales.

white devil said:
It's not a sale unless people can go in a store and say "I want to buy Wii Sports" and pay for it as a standalone game. It's bundled everywhere BUT Japan, this shouldn't count as 10 million sold.

even if it wasnt bundled it would of been really close to 10 million

endurance said:
white devil said:
It's not a sale unless people can go in a store and say "I want to buy Wii Sports" and pay for it as a standalone game. It's bundled everywhere BUT Japan, this shouldn't count as 10 million sold.

That's an assumption though. Wii Sports in and of itself isn't that good of a game. If it retailed for the same price as other Wii games, whose to say that sales would have gone down significantly as other quality titles came out. On the flip side, if it retailed for a really low price or pulled a Wii Play and came with controller, sales might have been ridiculously high. Who knows? That's the reason why I don't like bundled games counting as a sale. You never know the factors that come into play and determine how something sells.

white devil said:
endurance said:
white devil said:

That's an assumption though. Wii Sports in and of itself isn't that good of a game.

You're right, it's an awesome game.