By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - wiisports in top 10 million sellers

??

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

@on topic

nintendogs still sells games, so assuming the sales rates stay the same for the next 2 weeks, nintendogs will still be ahead.

sales rate starting sales 1wk 2wk 3wk
9 sims 0 16080000      
10 nintendogs 80000 15540000 15620000 15700000 15780000
15 wii sports 550000 14450000 15000000 15550000 16100000

Wii sports would need to sell roughly 650K a week with nintendogs unchanged.

Edit: actually, it would be 2 real life weeks, but 3 weeks of charts.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

It's not a sale unless people can go in a store and say "I want to buy Wii Sports" and pay for it as a standalone game. It's bundled everywhere BUT Japan, this shouldn't count as 10 million sold.

waahh Wii Sports is a pack-in we shouldn't count it and it's destroying the gaming we know anyway so I hate it OMG ZOMG!!!!!!!!!!

Stop whining, fanboy

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

:D you know what super mario bros is?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

Zwei Deppen,ein Gedanke! @nintendo_fanboy

Quality for Life

top 10 million? geez, post again when wiisports does something noteworthy like top 100 or top 1,000 at least.

^ joke

white devil said:
It's not a sale unless people can go in a store and say "I want to buy Wii Sports" and pay for it as a standalone game. It's bundled everywhere BUT Japan, this shouldn't count as 10 million sold.

considering this game effectively is what drove the 16 million and counting wii sales, i think it should count.  it's not like when xbox packs a shitty game like ultimate alliance just to get rid of them.  wiisports was THE selling point in convincing people to buy the system.

white devil said:

Actually, the console is bundled with the game, not the other way around.

Schwarz said:
Zwei Deppen,ein Gedanke! @nintendo_fanboy

Naja, ich bevorzuge ja eher den Satz "great minds think alike" aber letzlich kommt es aufs gleiche raus!

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)