By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MOVE and KINECT Sell-Through update!

Kinect sells itself I think, it has a certain je na sais qua (sp?) that people are drawn too.

I turned on Kinect at thanksgiving to give my nieces and nephews something to do and ended up being what the entire family did/watched all night.  Even those that were not interested in actually playing, were interested in watching those that were.

I know that Kinect sold two more 360's that day, and I honestly am not some kind of Microsoft shill.  In fact, I never brought up the suggestion that they should buy one for thier kids, my brother-in-laws approached ME for information on what they needed.

When people play it, they have fun and that is what video games are all about.

That's a long-winded way of saying I'm not surprised that Kinect is doing so well, and I AM interested to see what Microsoft has planned for the near term future as all these new adopters start coming on board.

Around the Network

Kinect must have sold >600K on Black Friday Week. That means that 360 probably sold around 600K aswell since probably 75% of Kinect buyers are Consoles with Bundles.

numbers never lie...

Kinect is doing well and is well deserved.  I'm really enjoy mine.

Had a Kinect party last night with 4 of my close friends coming over.  they all loved it and couple of them have PS3 - though not Move yet.  They all are interested in purchasing kinect.  I think kinect will have legs.

TRios_Zen said:

Kinect sells itself I think, it has a certain je na sais qua (sp?) that people are drawn too.

I turned on Kinect at thanksgiving to give my nieces and nephews something to do and ended up being what the entire family did/watched all night.  Even those that were not interested in actually playing, were interested in watching those that were.

I know that Kinect sold two more 360's that day, and I honestly am not some kind of Microsoft shill.  In fact, I never brought up the suggestion that they should buy one for thier kids, my brother-in-laws approached ME for information on what they needed.

When people play it, they have fun and that is what video games are all about.

That's a long-winded way of saying I'm not surprised that Kinect is doing so well, and I AM interested to see what Microsoft has planned for the near term future as all these new adopters start coming on board.

I think this is what all those who doubted the success of Kinect were missing. This whole new way to play is engaging and easy to understand. There is nothing like it. Much like the Wii did when it first released, the Kinect does sell itself. Now the question is if it will have the same long term impact on Xbox 360/Kinect sales as the Wii had.

Author of science fiction and other genres, I write under the pen name Desmond Shepherd. The second season of my series The Permanent Man premieres on November 11, 2014. Pre-order the season premiere The Walls Have Ears on Amazon today!

Around the Network

I honestly expected the two to be pretty close. To see Kinect doing so much better than Move is surprising. Then again, some of Move's design, marketing, and launch strategy seems a little half-baked. Not a surprise given Sony's inability to get much of anything right in hardware over the past 5 years.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

D-Joe said:
thx1139 said:

I assume that the 875,000 figure was through 11/27 (Saturday).

Add the 1.5M that VGC already had through 11/20.  That is 2.375M.

MS said over 2.5M so that would mean about 125K additional sold last Sunday (11/28).

VGC adjusted Kinect Adventures to 1.6m now

So over the past couple of weeks they have adjusted Kinect Adventures by almost 200K, yet they havent changed the 360 HW numbers.  Doesnt seem likely that all of those additional 200K units are just Kinect Sensors, certainly some of them were 360 bundles.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

AnveL said:

Kinect win is because of 360 huge US market, thats why it selling so much..

as for Move, its sales were balance in every region..

i say it is not important to see which is selling better at the moment, which have stronger legs is more important..

Wii is a very good example..

Actually KINECT has been selling fairly well in Europe too.

But both Move and KINECT are doing much better than I initially thought.

So, Sony says they SOLD 4,1 Move controllers and its suddendly SHIPPED for vgchartz

but microsoft says they SOLD 2,5 kinects and to vgcjhartz its SOLD too

funny stuff

vgchartz is becoming such a big joke more and more

Fedor Emelianenko - Greatest Fighter and most humble man to ever walk the earth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVVrNOQtlzY

ProdigyBam said:

So, Sony says they SOLD 4,1 Move controllers and its suddendly SHIPPED for vgchartz

but microsoft says they SOLD 2,5 kinects and to vgcjhartz its SOLD too

funny stuff

vgchartz is becoming such a big joke more and more

They said shippped because Sony confirmed that the number was shipped.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/30/sony-ships-4-1-million-playstation-move-controllers-to-retailers/

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*