By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii in 2008 whats in store?

After a successfull 2007 for the Wii and selling on mainly it's brand name alone - this has become it's plus point as a new demograph of people wait for the Wii without comprimise it seems yet this has also become a reason why it gets a lot of stick for poor third party support with 2007 coining new phrases such as "Wiikend Warriors", "OAP Gamers" etc.

With SSBB, Mario Kart and promises of MMO titles ie animal crossing getting released in 2008  - my question is does anyone think 2008 may be a year when more (dare I add a label) "Hardcore" gamers get attracted to the Wii platform and at some point in 08 does anyone think they'll be a point when there's more third party million sellers than Nintendo million sellers?

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

Around the Network

online fps wii style would be great

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

It really needs more diversity in games and more good thirdparty games to attract me. I am one of many people who have not bought nextgen console yet.

thats why i'm so annoyed with EA and Heroes 2, dont get me wrong i'm gonna buy it when it gets released in UK but they added great controls apparently, 32 player online 3 different modes then base it on bloody WW2 again!!

Too many war games and why EA - you were 90% of the way there and stumbled on the last hurdle.

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony

gawalls said:
thats why i'm so annoyed with EA and Heroes 2, dont get me wrong i'm gonna buy it when it gets released in UK but they added great controls apparently, 32 player online 3 different modes then base it on bloody WW2 again!!

Too many war games and why EA - you were 90% of the way there and stumbled on the last hurdle.

want it too, i must say im glad that it is in WWII, i love the theme.

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I think a few great rpg's will be on the wii in 08.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

For RPG/fantasy lovers it promises to be a really good year. Fragile/Project O/FFCC (2x)/Monster Hunter 3 (maybe 2009)/Baroque/ToSymphonia 2

kirby007 said:
The Wii already has that.  I think he was talking about what is new for 2008, not what came out in 2007.  Although, I am sure another game like that will come out next year. 

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

FreeTalkLive rocks! said:
kirby007 said:
The Wii already has that.  I think he was talking about what is new for 2008, not what came out in 2007.  Although, I am sure another game like that will come out next year. 

in the EU?

gawalls said:

After a successfull 2007 for the Wii and selling on mainly it's brand name alone - this has become it's plus point as a new demograph of people wait for the Wii without comprimise it seems yet this has also become a reason why it gets a lot of stick for poor third party support with 2007 coining new phrases such as "Wiikend Warriors", "OAP Gamers" etc.

With SSBB, Mario Kart and promises of MMO titles ie animal crossing getting released in 2008 - my question is does anyone think 2008 may be a year when more (dare I add a label) "Hardcore" gamers get attracted to the Wii platform and at some point in 08 does anyone think they'll be a point when there's more third party million sellers than Nintendo million sellers?

I don't know.  There were so many good games in 2007 that I cannot afford to buy or even rent them all.  It         kind of bothers me how many good games there are.  I don't even remember so many games that I liked coming out in the PSX days.  I already have 24 games for the Wii but there are many more that I want.  I don't know what to do.  My favorite fighting, shooting, sports, action, adventure, and racing games play on my Wii.  Maybe more RPGs?  I think NA will see more than a dozen RPGs for the Wii next year, so that should be nice.   

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com