By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii in 2008 whats in store?

Yojimbo said:
It really needs more diversity in games and more good thirdparty games to attract me. I am one of many people who have not bought nextgen console yet.

Oh PLEASE! More diversity? It's the most diverse next-gen system out there! It has action games, mini-games, sports games, FPSs, a couple of platformers, fighters, a couple of RPGs!

Also @ rickytan, you fail harder than ANYONE i've EVER seen. You would buy it because the name would be cooler? Now that THE definition of a gamer...

Around the Network
rickytan said:
Why did they call it Wii? that just sounds sort of childish, they should have called it the revolution or whatever they were going to call it, then it would sound cooler and i might buy it!

Troll much?

ZoMg Ps3 so originel!!!11! And teh 360! Dont that mean its a complete turn!!! ZomG pwnd! 

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

They better bring somthing good, cause by then I will have a wii. What in store? am not sure.... they are so unpredictable

gawalls said:
for me - if people are gonna port games onto the Wii to make a quick profit then please, please port some PC point and click adventure games. (Broken Sword compilation Wii budget title would be fantastic)

This genre is just waiting to be done to death on the Wii and i'd for one would welcome it

So you command, so it shall be:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28894.html

(too lazy to embed)

Edit: Thanks Kitler. Not sure how that got messed up. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

^ fixed the link

thanks for posting btw....point and click adventure is a genre i would also love to see more of and i hadn't heard of this game, now it's on my list of games to keep an eye on. xD

Another genre I'd love to see on the Wii, RTS.  since the pointer is basically a mouse i think the wii is the only consol that could have an RTS that is really great.  here's hoping someone else thinks that too. 

Around the Network
rickytan said:
Why did they call it Wii? that just sounds sort of childish, they should have called it the revolution or whatever they were going to call it, then it would sound cooler and i might buy it!

My brain hurts.

Currently playing: NSMB (Wii) 

Waiting for: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii), The Last Story (Wii), Golden Sun (DS), Portal 2 (Wii? or OSX), Metroid: Other M (Wii), 
... and of course Zelda (Wii) 
rickytan said:

No, instead of naming it "Wii" or "Revolution", Nintendo should have named it "Not a Fad" so all the Nintendo haters would sound like idiots when they say "Not a Fad is just a Fad".

kitler53 said:

^ fixed the link

thanks for posting btw....point and click adventure is a genre i would also love to see more of and i hadn't heard of this game, now it's on my list of games to keep an eye on. xD

Another genre I'd love to see on the Wii, RTS. since the pointer is basically a mouse i think the wii is the only consol that could have an RTS that is really great. here's hoping someone else thinks that too.

Project O/King Story looks like it has RTS elements. Though it's hard to totally understand how that game plays from the teasers we've seen so far.

Secret Files: Tunguska looks surprisingly beautiful for a point-and-clicker. The animations look a little sketchy, but the vistas are very nice, and making me wonder whether that's all pre-rendered or not. 

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Rugger08 said:
rickytan said:

No, instead of naming it "Wii" or "Revolution", Nintendo should have named it "Not a Fad" so all the Nintendo haters would sound like idiots when they say "Not a Fad is just a Fad".

epic response, i love it. xD

famousringo said:
gawalls said:
for me - if people are gonna port games onto the Wii to make a quick profit then please, please port some PC point and click adventure games. (Broken Sword compilation Wii budget title would be fantastic)

This genre is just waiting to be done to death on the Wii and i'd for one would welcome it

So you command, so it shall be:

(too lazy to embed)

Edit: Thanks Kitler. Not sure how that got messed up.

Thats what i'm talking about, here's hoping Zak and Wiki sells consistently at least 10k per week and this meets at least sales expectations.  I want ALL PC point and click games to be ported over, I want IGn to be saying "not another point and click Wii game" 

Those people that think they're perfect give a bad reputation to us who are... 

"With the DS, it's fair to say that Nintendo stepped out of the technical race and went for a feature differentiation with the touch screen, but I fear that it won't have a lasting impact beyond that of a gimmick - so the long-lasting appeal of the platform is at peril as a direct result of that." - Phil Harrison, Sony