By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 sold 2.4 Mil in 4 Days?

GT5 has sold over 2.4 million copies
during its first 4 days
By GRiMESKEE on Nov. 30, 2010, 10:41 p.m.

One of the biggest names in gaming history and the most popular racing game ever made, has managed to sell over 2.4 million copies during its first 4 days.  Considering that an unprecedented 1.5 million were copies pre-ordered in Europe alone.

This makes Granturismo 5 one of the biggest title generators in gaming history and the fastest selling racing game in this generation.

Over 100 retailers hosted Midnight events In Europe Mid East alone.

Gran Turismo 5 was released in over 40 countries.

To date, more than 55 million copies of the games in the GT franchise have been sold worldwide, making it the most successful Racing and Playstation game.

Here are the sale figures:

EMEAA: 1,841,500 copies (Europe Mid East Africa Asia)

Japan: 212,296  copies 

Americas: 382,000 copies 

As we all know GranTurismo games are very popular in Europe, so here we have the charts of the major seller countries in EU

Stay tuned as we will reveal the 1 month sale figures from Polyphony digital, we hope they will post it on their official site.

Source: http://www.granturismocup.com/news/article/49/

=======================================

Now before anyone jumps up and down saying this is massive or something, we need to check how creditable this is.

I posted this to check whether ioi or TheSource can validate or see if these numbers are true or not.

We don't even know where they got their numbers from...

Around the Network

This doesn't make sense, sales are just too low for Japan and for NA...

Bet with Dr.A.Peter.Nintendo that Super Mario Galaxy 2 won't sell 15 million copies up to six months after it's release, the winner will get Avatar control for a week and signature control for a month.

EMEAA, Japan and NA.

Is ioi selling the numbers? :O

More seriously. This seems fake. Japan and NA are way too low...

Does NA seriously dislike GT THAT much?? I call BS!

Agreed. JP and NA sales were reported higher a few days ago. Could it be that GT5 in-fact sold over 2.5 million in 4 days? My original prediction of ~2.4 million sales week 1 seems to be too low. Now I'm guessing 2.8 million.

Around the Network

The way it reads it almost seems like ioi leaked our numbers to the site. For one thing the Japan number is unusually precise. Even MC rounds to the nearest 1k. And this is basically the first time I've seen someone outside of this site use EMEAA to refer to the non-Japanese and American world. I agree with Xen, I'm calling BS on this too.

Proudest Platinums:
1. Gran Turismo 5
2. Persona 4 Arena
3. Wipeout HD
4. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2
5. Super Street Fighter 4

This seems way too low for NA and Japan, but it is good to know GT5 had a great launch week, regardless.

Way too low for japan and America to be accurate

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

Just estimated.

Japan sold over 400k.

And that's the first post to have comments on this site.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=115733

my 3M prediction wont be that off if that 1.8M in EU is true

by i did note i had a 10% error rate for that perdition so 2.7M will still qualify

pretty sure i would of nailed it if had its 4-5 days instead of 3-4

ioi should consider making the weeks start on mon or tues

Play Me