By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - We all have been gamers for so long right, but where did it REALLY start?

'Twas the original Super Mario Land on my precious GameBoy Phat back when I was like 4 or 5.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network
Cheebee said:

'Twas the original Super Mario Land on my precious GameBoy Phat back when I was like 4 or 5.

I don't even want to think of what that game caused me to do to my my old Gameboy phat.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

My first console was a Nintendo 64 back in 1997, when I was 4 years old. Super Mario 64 was bundled (i think, can't remember exactly) and that game scared the shit out of me. I used to play a lot World Cup 98 and a lot more Super Smash Bros. Everybody here had a Nintendo 64. What the hell is a play station?

Then I got a Gamecube in 2002. Shortly after I got an Xbox too.

With this new gen I bought a Wii and this year I got a PS3.

Try my new level at LittleBigPlanet: Amok's Cave ;D

Get your Portable ID!

Currently playing 
PS3: Uncharted 3, Resistance 3.
Wii: - 

Hyped for: The Last Guardian, Binary Domain.

Euphoria14 said:
Cheebee said:

I don't even want to think of what that game caused me to do to my my old Gameboy phat.

Haha, me neither... man 'm scared to think of how many hours I whittled away on that game. Though I could never finish it, it was always game over for me when I got to the submarine level. But I still tried. And tried. XD

I used to play Frogger on the PC (Windows 95! Woo!). But what really got me into gaming was Pokemon. I was fascinated by Pokemon Red. I'd beg my friend to let me play every time I came over. I couldn't save, and I never made it past Pewter City, but I was addicted. That resulted in me getting my own GameBoy Color, along with Pokemon Blue. 

That same friend also got me into console gaming with the PS1. I'd had experience with consoles before (N64), but I was addicted to... Frogger. Yeah, I don't get it either. Not that part, at least. But what can explain it, is there was this racing game too (I have no idea what it was called, but it was racing snowmobiles), and I started asking him to play that every time I came over. I was sad when he gave it to his cousin. My first console was the PS2 though, with Roller Coaster, and Star Wars: Starfighter. And then I found Ratchet & Clank...

Around the Network

Super Mario bros and Duck hunt, never looked back after that.

Cheebee said:
Euphoria14 said:
Cheebee said:

Haha, me neither... man 'm scared to think of how many hours I whittled away on that game. Though I could never finish it, it was always game over for me when I got to the submarine level. But I still tried. And tried. XD

Nah, I actually thought that putting it in a zip-lock bag would protect it while playing in the bathtub as a kid. Anyways, it broke. My idea sucked.

I later swapped it with another kid's Gameboy while visiting his house, so it ended up not being that big a deal.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Euphoria14 said:
Cheebee said:
Euphoria14 said:
Cheebee said:

Nah, I actually thought that putting it in a zip-lock bag would protect it while playing in the bathtub as a kid. Anyways, it broke. My idea sucked.

I later swapped it with another kid's Gameboy while visiting his house, so it ended up not being that big a deal

That's the funniest thing I've read all day.

I remember my little brother dropping his GB into the toilet once (don't ask). It actually still worked after he let it dry for a few days.

Started playing Super Mario World when I was 3, completed when I was 4.  I will always love that game!

Super Mario World!!!!!!!