By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Move Sells Over 4.1 Million Units

Mummelmann said:

Another ban hammer spree in a thread that evolved into shipped versus sold. All is as it was...

I really don't understand how people manage to get banned all the time.

Poor reading skill and plain dumbness can be accounted for.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Metallicube said:

Hmm, if Move REALLY sold that many units in so short a time, that that clearly means that the device is selling primarilly to current PS3 owners (since PS3 sales have not significantly risen), which is exactly what I expected, but probably not what Sony wanted. Sony wants new gamers that would have otherwise bought a Wii, which I don't see happening. The best that will likely happen for Sony is, as Malstrom said, keeping the CURRENT PS3 owners on that console and dissuading them from going out and buying a Wii.

If Sony really wants NEW consumers on their consoles, they need the device AND the console much cheaper, not to mention far more games that these new consumers would like. Right now the price is far too high to jump on board, and there are far too few games in general on the device, let alone games that the expanded audience would want.

Why at the 4th year of PS3 someone would trade his to a Wii???

If the person wanted motion play so much  in the begining he would have already bought the Wii,

But whatever.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Metallicube said:

Hmm, if Move REALLY sold that many units in so short a time, that that clearly means that the device is selling primarilly to current PS3 owners (since PS3 sales have not significantly risen), which is exactly what I expected, but probably not what Sony wanted. Sony wants new gamers that would have otherwise bought a Wii, which I don't see happening. The best that will likely happen for Sony is, as Malstrom said, keeping the CURRENT PS3 owners on that console and dissuading them from going out and buying a Wii.

If Sony really wants NEW consumers on their consoles, they need the device AND the console much cheaper, not to mention far more games that these new consumers would like. Right now the price is far too high to jump on board, and there are far too few games in general on the device, let alone games that the expanded audience would want.

Why at the 4th year of PS3 someone would trade his to a Wii???

If the person wanted motion play so much  in the begining he would have already bought the Wii,

But whatever.

He didn't say they'd (necessarily) trade in the PS3.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!

>

thismeintiel said:
NYANKS said:
Metallicube said:

Wait but didn't the article say 3/4 of the things sold were bundles?

EDIT: I thought that meant console bundles only, my bad.

Well, PS3 HW sales hav either been about par or slightly above last years.  And last year is when PS3 got a MASSIVE bump from a new HW design and a $100 pricecut.  So obviously the Move is bringing in some new customers.

The PS3 has been down YoY for the last few months.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Nsanity said:

It's like talking to a brick wall.

He's just not taking Pachter's word and that's basically all you have provided is a Pachter guess, which for better or for worse doesn't really count for squat around here.

Yet his numbers are constantly used by VGC to validate their estimated numbers..

STEKSTAV said:
Torillian said:
Nsanity said:

He's just not taking Pachter's word and that's basically all you have provided is a Pachter guess, which for better or for worse doesn't really count for squat around here.

Yet his numbers are constantly used by VGC to validate their estimated numbers..

I've seen it once or twice, but I'm not talking about whether or not the staff take Pachter at his word, I'm talking about the members of the forum who have a general disdain for him for one reason or another.  Personally I don't mind him and think he's fairly reliable, but that isn't the common opinion.

STEKSTAV said:
Torillian said:
Nsanity said:

Therefore, there is a problem with VGChratz's numbers by that logic.

Zlejedi said:
Cheebee said:

Does anyone know how many Wiimotes have been shipped WW so far? I'd like to know.

There was some kind of material about this with Nintendo boasting about how many it sold.

I don't remember where it was posted but the average was slightly more than 2 per 1 Wii sold.

Ah, so... about 150 million, then. Hmm.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

LivingMetal said:
STEKSTAV said:
Torillian said:
Nsanity said:

Therefore, there is a problem with VGChratz's numbers by that logic.

Not by defauly no.. but this newly found love for all Pachter estimates is lame. A estimation site that refrence their numbers with others who estimate. As if VGC didnt have it hard enough with the random public thinking their numbers are all made up, now they validate their stats with estimated numbers, and from a guy thats generally known for random quotes and misjudgements.