By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Move Sells Over 4.1 Million Units

chuckyj1 said:

It clearly says shipped not sold...This just means 4.1 millon moves have been shipped to the stores WW...not sold to customers WW.

Why didn't hey annouce that number??? Probably, because Kinect is doing much better...

I highly doubnt your opinion is right.  i have yet to find a individual Move controller in store for sale.  The second they come in they sale out, quite annoying when a person like me wants to play SC using two move's.

Around the Network

ouch that is some really impressive sales!!!!

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

Lord_Yggdrassil said:

my ASS did it sell that much. Sony trying to hide their embarassing sale figures with shipment numbers

X to the M to F to the D

So Sony is lying and committing fraud? Reported for trolling

TheFogOfWar said:
chuckyj1 said:

It clearly says shipped not sold...This just means 4.1 millon moves have been shipped to the stores WW...not sold to customers WW.

Why didn't hey annouce that number??? Probably, because Kinect is doing much better...

I highly doubnt your opinion is right.  i have yet to find a individual Move controller in store for sale.  The second they come in they sale out, quite annoying when a person like me wants to play SC using two move's.

I'm in DC, if you want, I can buy 1 and ship it to you...there are TONS at Best buys in the area.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

Raze said:
ethomaz said:
Raze said:

so if you need 4 controllers total, then its slightly attach rate could be 1 mil unique purchasers, with multiple units? Or more common, 2 units per ps3, so 2 mil unique customers?

Just trying to feel out the consumer to sales ratio, to see how big the potential future Move software is.

ioi said before that ratio is more like 1.6 Move per user.

So... 4m shipped... 3.5m sold... ~ 2.2m user base.

Gotcha. How do you buy a 6th of a controller though? Is that like the Move minus the clown nose? Then doesn't that make it a Wii remote? Sony people are buying wii remotes?  =P

First of all, 0.6 is not a 6th. Secondly, do you get it that this is an average? Let's make a simple example:
Let's say, PS Move sales: 1.6m, unique users: 1.0m -----------> 1.6 Move per user. Come on, it's simple...

Btw, this thread is hilarious, some funny and ridiculous posts in here.

OT: Great sales! Probably did more than some people expected. And yes, it's shipped, not sold, but Sony isn't claiming that these are sold, so...

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3

Around the Network
snfr said:
Raze said:
ethomaz said:
Raze said:

so if you need 4 controllers total, then its slightly attach rate could be 1 mil unique purchasers, with multiple units? Or more common, 2 units per ps3, so 2 mil unique customers?

Just trying to feel out the consumer to sales ratio, to see how big the potential future Move software is.

ioi said before that ratio is more like 1.6 Move per user.

So... 4m shipped... 3.5m sold... ~ 2.2m user base.

Gotcha. How do you buy a 6th of a controller though? Is that like the Move minus the clown nose? Then doesn't that make it a Wii remote? Sony people are buying wii remotes?  =P

First of all, 0.6 is not a 6th. Secondly, do you get it that this is an average? Let's make a simple example:
Let's say, PS Move sales: 1.6m, unique users: 1.0m -----------> 1.6 Move per user. Come on, it's simple...

Btw, this thread is hilarious, some funny and ridiculous posts in here.

OT: Great sales! Probably did more than some people expected. And yes, it's shipped, not sold, but Sony isn't claiming that these are sold, so...

ooooooh burnnnnnn

THis thread is of epic!

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

darthdevidem01 said:
Cheebee said:

Does anyone know how many Wiimotes have been shipped WW so far? I'd like to know.

Does anyone know why we are talking about how many Wiimotes being shipped in a PS Move shipment sales thread? I'd like to know.

'Cos everyone and their dog is comparing Move to Kinect in this thread, I'd like to know how they stack up against Wiimotes sold.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Sony has confirmed that these number are for shipped, NOT sell thru.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/30/sony-ships-4-1-million-playstation-move-controllers-to-retailers/

My question is whether this is for each piece of move apparatus shipped, by that I mean...the barebones move package ships without a navigation controller, so is that counted as another piece?  Interesting, since most gamers need 2 sets to play with friends locally...as far as $$$ to Sony, it matters not, since they get paid, nonetheless.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

heruamon said:
TheFogOfWar said:
chuckyj1 said:

I'm in DC, if you want, I can buy 1 and ship it to you...there are TONS at Best buys in the area.

i also have tons of kinects do you want me to ship them to you but i need your details lol:-d

really this is silly on store in one area != world wide stock

it's the future of handheld

PS VITA = LIFE

The official Vita thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1

M.U.G.E.N said:

ooooooh burnnnnnn

THis thread is of epic!

I normally get what pics like that mean, but right now I don't get it, please explain

And yes, this thread is epic!

2012 - Top 3 [so far]

#1                                       #2                                      #3