By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Move Sells Over 4.1 Million Units

YES!!!!!

SONY will BLOW PAST their 5 Million Shipped Target!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I just read now...

This number is a cumulative number since its release date until November 2010, which does not include sales of stand-alone PlayStation Eye cameras or stand-alone PlayStation Move navigation controllers. That certainly puts those figures into perspective then.

Just bundled Moves??? Just Started Kits??? 4.1m shipped (or sales?) Started Kits in the world???

It's not just GREAT. It's AMAZING.

Way better than I expected.

ethomaz said:

I just read now...

This number is a cumulative number since its release date until November 2010, which does not include sales of stand-alone PlayStation Eye cameras or stand-alone PlayStation Move navigation controllers. That certainly puts those figures into perspective then.

Just bundled Moves??? Just Started Kits??? 4.1m shipped (or sales?) Started Kits in the world???

I read that as bundles and individual move wands

don't know why but VG247 deleted this news

darthdevidem01 said:

YES!!!!!

SONY will BLOW PAST their 5 Million Shipped Target!

Read again because these numbers "does not include sales of stand-alone PlayStation Eye cameras or stand-alone PlayStation Move navigation controllers".

OMG!!!

Around the Network

Where's the link to the actual Sony press release I wonder?  I couldn't find it on the link provided in the op.

ethomaz said:

I just read now...

Not just bundled Move controllers. It also includes single Move controllers. All that is omitted is the Move navigation controllers and camera sales.

Edit: beaten to it by Cunning_Linguist. Dangit!

Cunning_Linguist said:
ethomaz said:

I just read now...

I read that as bundles and individual move wands

Ohhhh... I undertant understand now... the bundle and Move controler.

Makes more sense.

Edit - fixed.

OK so this includes Starter Kits, PS3s with Move and standalone Move controllers (not the navigation controller).  So is this shipped or sold. Since Sony announced shipped before, safe to assume this is shipped as well.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

thx1139 said:

"This number is a cumulative number since its release date until November 2010, which does not include sales of stand-alone PlayStation Eye cameras or stand-alone PlayStation Move navigation controllers. That certainly puts those figures into perspective then."

What does this mean?  Does this mean they sold 4.1M Starter kits?  Is this shipped (like the 2.5M they announced previously) or sold through?

While it may be shipped, to me, that would be the Move PS3 bundles plus Move Starter kits only!

Edit: Plus individual Move controllers.  Some people obviously buy multiples, so it would be interesting for vgchartz to release the newest overall user base for it.

Money can't buy happiness. Just video games, which make me happy.