By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - I got a 360 slim, 250 GB :D

twesterm said:
priteshmodi said:

Woooooo! Congrats!

Where's my promised request?

To give some more info on Mass Effect (my fav game this gen!) what Rainbird says is very true. The story, characters and depth of the world is what made me fall in love with it. Aside from that the menus are clunky and tedious, the technical issues with the game are incredibly hard to overlook and the combat is an acquired taste. Most will find it tedious and... well.. "rubbish" and the performance issues don't help. But once you get a character over lvl 50 and have played around and tweaked your armors, weapons and allies to just the right combination, combat becomes brilliantly satisfying as you're practically unstoppable.

If you like the actual role-playing part of RPGs I'd suggest the Fable games. I've also liked Ninja Gaiden 2  more than Sigma 2 (faster, more visceral combat) and you should also try and check out the Gears of Wars, Alan Wake and other high profile exclusives listed here.

Hope you have a blast with the 360 and welcome to the kool kidz klub (not affiliated with the KKK). You know you're kool with that many k's AND a 'z'.

Yeah, Mass Effect's issues are really hard to overlook, but underneath them all is a really great game.  When it first came out I tried to finish it like three or four times but kept stopping due to terrible frame rate, bugs, and controls but eventually made myself play it right before Mass Effect 2 came out and I loved it.

I would say get it for cheap, set it to easy, and just play through on easy.  When I did finally finish the game I was going to play through several times but I tried to finish every quest the first time through and did for the most part (I skipped some of the fetch quests) and it made me nearly hate the game even though it was so great.  Every non-story area is pretty much copy-pasted and using the Mako just plain sucks.  Play through all the story missions, do the character missions, and leave it at that and you'll like the game much more.

I'm really considering starting over on easy, just to negate some of the combat. But I don't know if I'm too far in to be bothered. I've done almost two missions as a spectre, how far would you say I am into the game?

Around the Network
priteshmodi said:

Woooooo! Congrats!

Where's my promised request?

read the first post! i dont have internet!! when i get it, i'll let you know.. my gamertag is, unsurprisingly, trashleg.

Hope you have a blast with the 360 and welcome to the kool kidz klub (not affiliated with the KKK). You know you're kool with that many k's AND a 'z'.

awesome. i feel very honoured to be a part of this kkk of which you speak (the former, not the latter). waaaay.

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
trashleg said:

Thanks guys, Rainbird I'll let you know when I'm online, you'll get a nice wee request.

I was checking out the Gears of War games, I like shooters but my flatmate has all the CoDs on PS3 so I've got those to play too

I quite fancy the new Castlevania, but I never played the old ones so I don't really know anything about them!

you don't have to know anything about Castlevania to enjoy the new one, its not related at all.

ME1 problems were REALLY easy for me to overlook, the overall experience was just great, it was one of the first games this gen that I replayed over and over, and I usually hate playing single player more than once.

axumblade said:

250 GB?

Doesn't sound very slim to me. -.-

What did you do with the real trashleg?!

you shut up. its beautiful. its slim on the.. inside?

and zomg what do you mean? :-O

Highwaystar101 said: trashleg said that if I didn't pay back the money she leant me, she would come round and break my legs... That's why people call her trashleg, because she trashes the legs of the people she loan sharks money to.
Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
trashleg said:

Thanks guys, Rainbird I'll let you know when I'm online, you'll get a nice wee request.

I was checking out the Gears of War games, I like shooters but my flatmate has all the CoDs on PS3 so I've got those to play too

I quite fancy the new Castlevania, but I never played the old ones so I don't really know anything about them!

you don't have to know anything about Castlevania to enjoy the new one, its not related at all.

thank you, i was looking at it in the shops today.. i'll maybe ask for it for my birthday (gives me 2 months to play through the ones i've got and allows for christmas gifts) :)

twesterm said:

Yeah, Mass Effect's issues are really hard to overlook, but underneath them all is a really great game.  When it first came out I tried to finish it like three or four times but kept stopping due to terrible frame rate, bugs, and controls but eventually made myself play it right before Mass Effect 2 came out and I loved it.

I would say get it for cheap, set it to easy, and just play through on easy.  When I did finally finish the game I was going to play through several times but I tried to finish every quest the first time through and did for the most part (I skipped some of the fetch quests) and it made me nearly hate the game even though it was so great.  Every non-story area is pretty much copy-pasted and using the Mako just plain sucks.  Play through all the story missions, do the character missions, and leave it at that and you'll like the game much more.

I typically don't let games get away with technical issues as I grew up as a PC gamer and am very particular and strict when it comes to the technical side of gaming. Mass Effect is just about the only game that I've managed to overlook these issues with. I completely understand why people didn't like the game and why they couldn't overlook some of the technical issues. I'm glad you gave it another try and loved it. I'm currently playing it again (check sig ) on Insanity. I've played through it 5 times already and always find myself going back for another full play-through (sidequests and mako included) every 8 or so months.

And I agree that the side quests are incredible repetitive but I think I've trained myself to overlook repetitiveness in games (I put 400 hours into Oblivion and collected all the treasure chests in AC2).

It'll be pretty cheap now so I'd say give it a shot. Possibly borrow it from a friend and try it out before you buy. Instead of renting it you could probably pay a couple more bucks and buy it.

Are you only looking for exclusives? If not, I would recommend all the Assassin's Creed games, Red Dead Redemption, Fallout 3 and New Vegas.

axumblade said:

250 GB?

Doesn't sound very slim to me. -.-

What did you do with the real trashleg?!

Teh slim is 250 GB , you are probably confusing it with the 4 GB 360 or the 320 GB PS3.

Rainbird said:

I'm really considering starting over on easy, just to negate some of the combat. But I don't know if I'm too far in to be bothered. I've done almost two missions as a spectre, how far would you say I am into the game?

What do you mean two missions?  Like two of the three planets or just two random missions on the Citadel?

If you've already completed two of the story planets, don't start over.  If you're just fiddling around on the Citadel still, start over.