By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I blame Wii Fit, Black Friday edition.

I take it nobody noticed Khuutra's giant wall of text?  Or did we all skip down to the famous last 4 words, like we all did with 1984?

Anyway, what Snesboy lacks in finesse he sure makes up for with heart.  Kid's got a lotta heart.  You can't take that away from him.

Around the Network
The Ghost of RubangB said:

I take it nobody noticed Khuutra's giant wall of text?  Or did we all skip down to the famous last 4 words, like we all did with 1984?

Anyway, what Snesboy lacks in finesse he sure makes up for with heart.  Kid's got a lotta heart.  You can't take that away from him.

You can if you've got a good enough knife.

Khuutra said:

so that's all it takes with you :D? Plus you're darth's grandpa. How are ye a kid!

One of the strangest Threads I've ever read.

Khuutra said:

And I thought all of us old users were good friends!

Thanks Rubang

Around the Network
Khuutra said:

So me and the wife were in Tennessee for Thanksgiving week. Around Pigeon Forge, Gatlinburg, that area. Family reunion. Stayed up in the mountains in a nice cabin. It was good times.

She's participating in a Secret Santa event with some old schoolmates, and her Santee wanted some kind of sports bag. So she looks up any local deals, since currency rates are currently so good. Well, as luck would have it, there was a sale going on at Nike and Puma outlets.

At 12:01 AM on the eve of Black Friday.

In an outlet mall.

On the only major highway in the area.

Ten miles away.

During a thunderstorm.

Our final half-mile of that drive was slower than a walk - I could have gotten out, walked on my hands, fallen over and righted myself repeatedly, and made the journey faster than we did by car. I was not really dressed for rain, and it was bitter cold.

I am not good with crowds who do not mind the people around them, and no crowd characterizes that better than a bunch of fat honkies running around trying to get a deal. Parking took fifteen minutes. I took my wife by the hand and she lead me through the rain to the Nike store. We picked out a nice bag for very cheap, considering how well-made it was. We decided to look around a bit before buying it. Walked through the rain to the Puma outlet. All the bags there sucked. We walked back.

There is something depressing about the swell of humanity that characterizes itself primarily through thriftiness on a single night, where they are characterized by excess throughout the rest of the year. There was a pressure all around me, on my skull, making my sinus pressure headache worse. Too much human sweat as we waited in line. Too many voices speaking too many vices.

We got out, prize in hand. Walked to Baskins Robbins. We bought ice cream, sat in a corner, ate together, enjoyed the barrier of relative silence provided by our projected intimacy. Not one person bothered us.

"Are you all right?" she asked, because she is sweet and tender of heart. "You're pretty tense."

"Yeah," I said, then looked around.

All around me were the kind of people who would benefit from an inward turning of their own energies, a transitioning away from vice into maintenance, into repair. These were the people who would die of small, petty, meaningless causes, of stroke and heart attack easily prevented but more easily ignored. They should be engaged, but they weren't. Could I blame them for it? No, not entirely; my heart is too soft, warmed slowly by love. They were victims, too; even the best efforts made to engage them had failed, which meant that, collectively, every advocate of health and safety and peace had failed. Does failure carry responsibility? I think it does - when you set out to do something and people are harmed by your lack of ability, then that harm must become your own, even if it would have happened without your help.

"Are you sure? What's wrong?" she said.

I sighed, thinking of failure.

"I blame Wii Fit."

Nice story Khuut. Better than the OP.

I sat, one day, in my girlfriend's living room, watching her play Wii Fit (and damn hell, what a sight. I certainly didn't buy that game or the Wii itself to work out myself, but it paid for itself handily over time). She stood on the balance board, watching the screen as it calculated her weight, anticipation reflected by the TV's white glow in her eyes. I watched her, instead, a far better show. Suddenly she began to move, and shout.
        "I did it! Look, honey!" she said, turning to me and pointing at the screen.
        I couldn't quite see the screen from where i sat, sagging down on the couch with my prodigious gut poking outward, a bud lite nestled upon it for my consumption. I grunted, not wanting to change position for whatever crap she was excited about. Couldn't she just get back to excercising? I finally managed to heave myself up, observing the number on the screen. "Veh," i grunted as a sign of acknowledgement.
        "I reached my goal weight!" my girlfriend said excitedly.
        "Veh," i grunted again, not caring one iota and wondering why she wasn't yet excercising for my amusement.
        Her eyes lingered on me momentarily, wandering from my unkempt hair, down the stained tank-top i wore, past my exposed, hairy, swollen gut, and back up to the warm beer i sipped unconsciously out of the can. Her lips pursed, then she said it.
        "We're through."
        Next thing i knew, i found myself out on the streets, wandering around. All i had been allowed to keep was the beer in my hand, her apartment, off limits, my Wii and its games, now hers. To the victor go the spoils or some shit had been her excuse for claiming it. I walked in the middle of the street, my street, staggering in my brokeness, daring anyone or anything to defy me.
        My dare was answered by one particular gentleman in an old station-wagon, honking at me to get off the street. My expressive use of my middle finger and passionately colorful language was not enough to daunt him, oh no, and he continued to honk at me. Passersby gathered to watch the exchange. Finally, determined to teach his punk ass a lesson it would not soon forget, i tossed what remained of my beer over his windshield, prompting him to open his car door and confront me directly. After a heated exchange, i slugged him in his stupid face.
        The 87-year old didn't take a punch to the face particularly well. He lay on the street, the life slowly ebbing out of him. The passersby had dutifully called 911, and the cops were even less easily daunted by my foul language and middle finger than the old man had been. As i lay on the ground beside the old man i had slain, thousands of volts making their way from the cops' tazers into my body, only one thought endured in my brain, so defeated by depression, alcohol, and electricity:
        I blame Wii Fit.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

I blame Wii Fit for everything

So I made a seriousl blaming Wii Fit thread, and I get attacked for not making it a joke?

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

lol