By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 is Domed in Americas

I thought it was about time we discuss the terrible sales of the PS3 in Americas. I think it is really too late for Sony to do anything to win back any ground. Why do you guys think it sells so bad in this region but not EMEAA and Japan. This year it is 1.3 million behind 360's sales and 1.5 million behinf Wii.

Around the Network

hold on I'll be back just making a thread called "360 is doomed in EMEAA and Japan".

LMAO Popcorn Ready......

Pyramid12 said:

hold on I'll be back just making a thread called "360 is doomed in EMEAA and Japan".

hahahahaha, pyramid12 1-troll 0

it is sell very good indeed
but not as good as others

now, if your question is : what could sony do for improve the PS3 sales in US, I would answer : NOTHING

keep getting good games, keep pusing the BR player, 3D games, Move, free online and slash the price if the situation becomes to bad.
In clear, it is not about winning the game, it is about to not lose it by too much

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Many reasons why it's under performing compared to the standard set by the PS1 and PS2, but overall I'd just say the competition picked up this gen. Microsoft took away alot of the 'core' PlayStation fanbase with games like GTA, Final Fantasy, Madden etc becoming accepted multiplatform titles, while on the otherhand Wii took the more casual side of the ps2 - the people who bought the thing at the tailend of it's life for games like Buzz, eyetoy, guitar hero etc.

360 and (to a lesser extent) Wii still don't have so much of a presense in mainland Europe, where PS3 is still going pretty strong, simply because Microsoft and Nintendo don't seem to have that much commitment to those areas. In say, the UK, where they are ever-present PS3 again is really underneath the president set by the PS2, due to competition.

Of course the launch price (And continued highest price now) didn't help one bit, but competition for me is the over-riding factor here. 

What can Sony do? Not much more then they're currently doing, imo their focus should be to establish as many strong IP like Uncharted, InFamous, Killzone etc as possible ready for the PS4 launch, so that when that finally does come about they'll be able to boast a list of exclusive that Microsoft simply won't have (Unless they bolster their first party).

Once again, a person trying to make an argument on this forum about a console being a word that they can't spell correctly. 

These arguments make me LOL.

CGI-Quality said:
Pyramid12 said:

As funny as this is, it's almost justified. Why make a thread like this? Literally, the exact same thing could be done to the 360, especially in Japan.

Way I see it, PS3 is never going to overtake the 360 in the States, but that's already been established.

yup, that too for over a year now

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I was just thinking yesterday that we haven't had a ps3 is doomed thread in a while. I was actually going to make a thread to say where have they gone and hey presto! Glad you are here to feel the void.

PS One/2/p/3slim/Vita owner. I survived the Apocalyps3/Collaps3 and all I got was this lousy signature.

Xbox One: What are you doing Dave?

It's domed everywhere, we've had this discussion before, though it is much less domed with the slim