By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - China is a growing threat to world peace.

leatherhat said:
_BetterThanToast_ said:
Zlejedi said:
scottie said:

I am yet to be convinced that I should be supporting The United States over China. If I had to rate them, I would say the Chinese government treats its own citizens slightly worse than the US government does, but that it treats citizens of other countries better than the US govt does.

The US government violates human rights as defined by the United Nations (ie the guys who get to define such things), use their power to advantage their own economy at the expense of poor nations, ally with nations whom I don't beleive are moral.

int.

Tell that to people living in Tibet I bet they would agree with you.

Also I'm I the only one who thinks it's rediculus to attack USA for violating human rights and allying with non moral nations and at the same time praise China who uses tortures and violates human rights on daily basic and is allied with such morally superior nations like North Korea or Cuba ?

He's telling you to get off your high horse cause they are both as bad as each other.

Oh and 1 million Iraqi civilian casualties say hi.

More harsh than i want it to sound.

Protip- Its the insurgency doing most of the killing. Its Iraqi on Iraqi violence that led to these casualties

And how did that happen? US disbands Iraqi army, no rule of law, no utilities, no plans to protect anything (apart from oil fields) and utter chaos. If you occupy somehwere, you're responsible for it.

Around the Network
_BetterThanToast_ said:
leatherhat said:
_BetterThanToast_ said:
Zlejedi said:
scottie said:

I am yet to be convinced that I should be supporting The United States over China. If I had to rate them, I would say the Chinese government treats its own citizens slightly worse than the US government does, but that it treats citizens of other countries better than the US govt does.

The US government violates human rights as defined by the United Nations (ie the guys who get to define such things), use their power to advantage their own economy at the expense of poor nations, ally with nations whom I don't beleive are moral.

int.

Also I'm I the only one who thinks it's rediculus to attack USA for violating human rights and allying with non moral nations and at the same time praise China who uses tortures and violates human rights on daily basic and is allied with such morally superior nations like North Korea or Cuba ?

He's telling you to get off your high horse cause they are both as bad as each other.

Protip- Its the insurgency doing most of the killing. Its Iraqi on Iraqi violence that led to these casualties

And how did that happen? US disbands Iraqi army, no rule of law, no utilities, no plans to protect anything (apart from oil fields) and utter chaos. If you occupy somehwere, you're responsible for it.

And America has bent over backwards (and sacrificed tactical efficiency) to protect the Iraqi civilians. And if you are one of those people who think they are only protecting oil fields then you have no idea whats really happening over there. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

leatherhat said:
_BetterThanToast_ said:
leatherhat said:
_BetterThanToast_ said:
Zlejedi said:
scottie said:

int.

And America has bent over backwards (and sacrificed tactical efficiency) to protect the Iraqi civilians. And if you are one of those people who think they are only protecting oil fields then you have no idea whats really happening over there. 

No its not just about oil, but its not just about trying to free a country. Its about a broader geopolitcal endgame, mainly maintaining the empire (of which oil is a part).

Also of course they should bend over backwards, please read my previous ressponse.

I'm not the biggest fan of China, but it is rising through peaceful and almost legitimate means. Plus, a lot of its current supporters abroad are going to turn on it once it surpasses the United States. If the future turns out to be a Cold War between China and the West, I'd be delighted.

Love and tolerate.

China uses American-style Capitalism to peacefully defeat America as an economic super power. Too bad Chinese Yuan is at artificially low levels and is controlled by its government. Inflation would slow down Chinese economic growth in the foreign currency exchange wars. China can not win a currency war against the US. Quantitative easing  is a  protectionist policy imposed by the US Federal Reserve. Increase  the amount of US exports and flood the world markets with US currency, devalue your currency and increase the values of overseas currencies. 

American Quantitative easing is creating inflation in world economies as America deflates and devalues its currency to become more competitive as an international exporter. Some Reserve banks around the world are increasing interest rates to combat inflation. Increase  interest rates slows down economic growth and reduces inflation. 

China should be forced to float its currency and allow the international currency exchange to determine the value of the Chinese Yuan. Yuan is 5 to 10 times under valued due to it being kept at artificially low rates by its government. Free China and float the Yuan on the international currency exchange. 

Around the Network
numonex said:

China uses American-style Capitalism to peacefully defeat America as an economic super power. Too bad Chinese Yuan is at artificially low levels and is controlled by its government. Inflation would slow down Chinese economic growth in the foreign currency exchange wars. China can not win a currency war against the US. Quantitative easing  is a  protectionist policy imposed by the US Federal Reserve. Increase  the amount of US exports and flood the world markets with US currency, devalue your currency and increase the values of overseas currencies. 

American Quantitative easing is creating inflation in world economies as America deflates and devalues its currency to become more competitive as an international exporter. Some Reserve banks around the world are increasing interest rates to combat inflation. Increase  interest rates slows down economic growth and reduces inflation. 

China should be forced to float its currency and allow the international currency exchange to determine the value of the Chinese Yuan. Yuan is 5 to 10 times under valued due to it being kept at artificially low rates by its government. Free China and float the Yuan on the international currency exchange. 

Don't worry everything will happen so smoothly that you will not notice when the US has lost their power ^_^

China will have the biggest economy, but that will shift to India in no time.

And this wouldn't be the first time that China gains that top stop anyway...

Oh, America is about democracy and freedom now? Tell that to Afghanistan or Irak.

darthdevidem01 said:
ishiki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
ishiki said:

The world is not at peace now.
The US is a threat to world peace too.

Everyone's a threat to world peace. Simply put.

Hence why we need an alien invasion to unite the world!

yes! but then the world still isn't at peace
that's pretty much the worse situation of all

unless we could steal they're spaceships. Then it's worth it!

Well it'll unite the world at least.....and hopefully we beat the aliens and steal their spaceship.

Clone the spaceship and become a space-faring race...united under one banner, one symbol, one title....Planet Earth!

But we will create colonies, colonies will start to hate earth. A mighty force to protect the colonies will be born, we will have to use a gundam to protect ourselves then. At least that`s what the gundam series make me believe :O

routsounmanman said:

Oh, America is about democracy and freedom now? Tell that to Afghanistan or Irak.

American forces are liberating Iraq and Afghanistan by fighting wars for freedom and liberty. That is what Fox News tells us in regular updates. Fox News = fair and balanced. 

Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein has been released and now the Iraqi people have freedom and democracy. Taliban have been kicked out of Afghanistan by American troops and an american picked democratic government is leading the Afghanistani people,

Both Afghanistan and Iraq have freedom, liberty and democracy. Dictatorship and oppressive governments have been removed by good Christian American troops.