By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm in desperate need of gaming knowledge, come in and see if you can help

twesterm said:
  • Magic: The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers (360 XBLA) - This is a very simplified M:tG and it's decent if you're new to the game but awful if you have any experience with it.  It doesn't let you actually build your deck, just add to the premade ones.  It also has an incredibly frustrating 2.5 second timer after every action.  It doesn't sound like much but when six effects fire off after every spell, that's 15 seconds of waiting per card.  It sucks.

It's also on PS3.

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
twesterm said:
  • Magic: The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers (360 XBLA) - This is a very simplified M:tG and it's decent if you're new to the game but awful if you have any experience with it.  It doesn't let you actually build your deck, just add to the premade ones.  It also has an incredibly frustrating 2.5 second timer after every action.  It doesn't sound like much but when six effects fire off after every spell, that's 15 seconds of waiting per card.  It sucks.

It's also on PS3.

Ah, didn't realize they put it on that too, doesn't make a difference though.  If you've ever played M:tG it's an awful game and takes away the one of the major parts of Magic-- building your deck.  If you've never played M:tG, it's not a terrible game and it's a decent intro, but I still don't think it's worth the money.

twesterm said:
Snesboy said:
twesterm said:

It's also on PS3.

Ah, didn't realize they put it on that too, doesn't make a difference though.  If you've ever played M:tG it's an awful game and takes away the one of the major parts of Magic-- building your deck.  If you've never played M:tG, it's not a terrible game and it's a decent intro, but I still don't think it's worth the money.

M:tG is a great TCG (I play :D) thanks for the heads up about Duels of the Planeswalkers.

ah i remember that yu gi oh game i played it to death i love it to bits... if i still have it i think i might play it again

i like the look of that magic gathering tactics,

he said PC in sept,when is the PS3 one out does anyone know

Above & Beyond

Around the Network
Snesboy said:
twesterm said:
Snesboy said:
twesterm said:

It's also on PS3.

M:tG is a great TCG (I play :D) thanks for the heads up about Duels of the Planeswalkers.

Check out Magic Online if you haven't already.  Making actual competive constructive decks is kind of a waste and expensive but drafting is a lot of fun.  The good thing about that is instead of waiting for your local store to do a draft, you can almost always find one going on at Magic Online.

Your safest bet will be to get  Culdcept Saga for what I've seen it has even enticed me to get the damn game aswell

"Life is but a gentle death. Fate is but a sickness that results in extinction and in the midst of all the uncertainty, lies resolve."