By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Are you satisfied with current-gen consoles graphics?

Are you satisfied with current-gen consoles graphics?

Yes, I am 145 43.54%

No, I am not 35 10.51%

They're just fine, nothing special 68 20.42%

They're mindblowing 18 5.41%

They suck 14 4.20%

I click this because I wa... 53 15.92%

Total:333

Yes, I'm.

Because PS3 make it kind of special for me.

Around the Network

im satisfied with gears 3/uncharted 2 graphics.

toastboy44562 said:

Have you played Gears 3? Beta already out?

ethomaz said:
toastboy44562 said:

Have you played Gears 3? Beta already out?

nah. but from what ive seen of the multiplayer its a nice step from gears 2 (Which i thought was great)

I'm satisfied with snes graphics, so whatever.

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
Squilliam said:

Im not 100% satisfied. Some of the drawbacks of current generation console games are starting to show up. The more you see it the more you notice and thats especially true since I have access to more technically advanced PC games.

You mean all two of them (Crysis and Metro 2033).

I played a lot of STALKER too.

Tease.

I'm ok with graphics I suppose, whether it be Wii or 360 or PS3.

I'm more of a pacing/game mechanics/immersion whore than a graphics whore.

Pixel Art can be fun.

As long as I don't play the PC version first and than the console version...I am alright with graphics.

(Note: my PC comment isn't restricted to graphics, but other things like load times, frame skipping issues, blah blah blah.)

My favorite games this generation are Mario Kart Wii and the Call of Dutys so as long as the game is fun I am happy with the graphics.

Performance-wise, it would have been nice if consoles were capable of playing many of my favorites at 1920x1080 with a v-synch locked 60fps, but given the memory and GPU constraints, that isn't reasonable. 1280x720 at 30fps is fine at regular viewing distances although the extra detail and sharpness on a 1080p display would still be preferable.

Graphics-wise, the games that make a dedicated attempt to impress have been quite good. Many of them have created some of the best visuals yet seen to date including those on PC. It's only the occasional bad port that disappoints.

Some of the technical issues take a little away from the overall visuals on occasion as well, like dropping native render resolution to keep 30fps, resulting in blocky visuals, excessive screen tearing or dropped frame rates. Fortunately, these are the exception rather than the rule.