By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The truth revealed

IMU1808 said:
Faxanadu said:

Evil. Why dont they let themselves be published by Nintendo?

The real question is "Why won't Nintendo pick them up for a title?". Not the other way around. Clearly they're open to a publishing deal from Nintendo.

Maybe because they dont offer Nintendo quality games?

I do not know as I have never played their stuff.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:

I am inclined to believe this. After everything that happened last generation, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that a certain company paid the publisher to forgo a Gamecube version.

Not surprising.

I mean, you Australians believe anything someone tells you.

Why dont you go back to bashing the new Sonic title?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

who's he?

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/7530/gohansupersaiyan239du.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://www.deviantart.com/download/109426596/Shippuden_Team_7_by_Tsubaki_chan.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"> http://image.hotdog.hu/_data/members0/772/1047772/images/kepek_illusztraciok/Bleach%2520-%2520Ishida%2520Uryuu%25201.jpg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

3DS: tolu619

Wii U: FoyehBoys

Vita, PS3 and PS4: FoyehBoys

XBoxOne: Tolu619

Switch: Tolu619

Kugali - We publish comics from all across Africa and the diaspora, and we also push the boundaries of Augmented Reality storytelling. Check us out!

My thread for teaching VGC some Nigerian slangs

Psychonauts 2 on any platform would make up for this

tolu619 said:

who's he?

Monkey Island, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts, Day of The Tentacle and most recently, Brutal Legend.

If any of those ring a bell... he's the guy behind them.

Quem disse que a boca é tua?

Qual é, Dadinho...?

Dadinho é o caralho! Meu nome agora é Zé Pequeno!

Around the Network

I don't particularily believe him. Developers can propose new games on which ever platforms they want. They can then decide to fund the title internally until they find a publisher. HVS wasn't contacted by Sega and told "We want a Wii game" they created the basics for the game then proposed the game to Sega.

Double Fine could propose titles to the publishers something he does not say he's done. Now if the studio decides to just work for hire and not propose any of their own ideas then I guess his explanation pans out. But it's not entirely the publishers decision, they could put forth some game ideas themselves.

Now judging from what he said Double Fine doesn't have the capital to develope a game themselves. But then I have to wonder how HVS could develope so many titles on their own? Double Fine could now propose a port of Psychonauts to Wii and I bet Majesco wouldn't object.

Where theirs a will theirs a way its just Double Fine does not have the Will!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Joelcool7 said:

I don't particularily believe him. Developers can propose new games on which ever platforms they want. They can then decide to fund the title internally until they find a publisher. HVS wasn't contacted by Sega and told "We want a Wii game" they created the basics for the game then proposed the game to Sega.

Double Fine could propose titles to the publishers something he does not say he's done. Now if the studio decides to just work for hire and not propose any of their own ideas then I guess his explanation pans out. But it's not entirely the publishers decision, they could put forth some game ideas themselves.

Now judging from what he said Double Fine doesn't have the capital to develope a game themselves. But then I have to wonder how HVS could develope so many titles on their own? Double Fine could now propose a port of Psychonauts to Wii and I bet Majesco wouldn't object.

HVS makes a lot more games than Double Fine. They therefore had a lot more funds to make any game they wanted. Double Fine likely doesn't have that luxury. HVS funded The Conduit almost entirely by themselves, which is why they could afford to shop around for publishers.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

LordTheNightKnight said:
Joelcool7 said:

HVS makes a lot more games than Double Fine. They therefore had a lot more funds to make any game they wanted. Double Fine likely doesn't have that luxury. HVS funded The Conduit almost entirely by themselves, which is why they could afford to shop around for publishers.

Well they may not be able to afford developing one on their own. But they could still propose new games to publishers. Maybe even develope a small demo, that how many studios develope indy games and even some bigger games get started that way. Double Fine has developed some pretty high ranked games that got great reviews.

Plus Brutal Legends according to VGChartz sold over a million units. Thats better then anything I know of to have come from High Voltage. Which should mean they made more money off the fewer titles they developed when compared to High Voltage's titles.Plus also keep in mind High Voltage used existing liscensed IP's which cuts into their profits meaning even less money was made off their many tv show tie ins.

In the end theirs nobody stopping Double Fine from proposing new games or developing one internally. Except as you pointed out they might not be able to fund one entirely on their own. But they should have some money to at least start one then shop around for a publisher, if indy studios can make Wii games an established studio like Double Fine should be able to do it!

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

"But they could still propose new games to publishers."

That's kind of his point. Publishers likely aren't taking proposals for Wii games.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Faxanadu said:
RolStoppable said:

I am inclined to believe this. After everything that happened last generation, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that a certain company paid the publisher to forgo a Gamecube version.

Not surprising.

I mean, you Australians believe anything someone tells you.

Why dont you go back to bashing the new Sonic title?

Um...he's Austrian.

Rockstar: Announce Bully 2 already and make gamers proud!

Kojima: Come out with Project S already!