By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony says PlayStation dominates the market in Brazil (with numbers)

fmjasinski said:

I want to know about data in Paraguay, I`m sure that the numbers are much higher than brazilian because the numbers of console imported (most of then illegal) do not enter in the official brazilian numbers. But I think there is no data there. The video games in Paraguay are imported majoritary of USA, so the numbers count for this country? If this is correct, part of Brazilian market is computed in the USA numbers. 

Sorry if I`m not so clear, is because of my poor English.

A huge part of brazilin is computed as USA, a big part of that actually coming from Paraguy :P

But are the consoles officialy sold in paraguay?

Around the Network
Farmageddon said:
fmjasinski said:

I want to know about data in Paraguay, I`m sure that the numbers are much higher than brazilian because the numbers of console imported (most of then illegal) do not enter in the official brazilian numbers. But I think there is no data there. The video games in Paraguay are imported majoritary of USA, so the numbers count for this country? If this is correct, part of Brazilian market is computed in the USA numbers.

A huge part of brazilin is computed as USA, a big part of that actually coming from Paraguy :P

Nope. Came from USA or Mexico.

ethomaz said:
Farmageddon said:
fmjasinski said:

Nope. Came from USA or Mexico.

Well, their figure shouldn't be that high then.

MrT-Tar said:

DS is really low in Brazil

Does anyone outside of Sony even have an offical distributor in Brazil?

I know most people in Brazil tend to just buy videogame stuff in the US or other countries and bring it back due to the prices.

Kasz216 said:
MrT-Tar said:

I know most people in Brazil tend to just buy videogame stuff in the US or other countries and bring it back due to the prices.

Xbox 360 has been officially launched here. Don't think Wii has, or DS.

In fact, it seems Slim was supposed to be/has been launched here this month at US$655 the 4GB version and about US$1,100 the 250GB model. It seems we get Alan Wake and Forza as bundles though.

http://www.diarioonline.com.br/noticias-interna.php?nIdNoticia=117421

Edit: Lol, another one

|

v

Around the Network

LOL!!!! 360 fans hates these "hard to track" countries dont they?? still sticking with sony iz lying excuses to help you sleep better at night?

good stuff for Sony&Brazil

Well that's what I've been saying the whole time isn't it? Back two years or so estimates already put total PS2 numbers here close to 8m. Total PS3 numbers (counting imported ones, that is) should be close to 1.5m by now and both X360 and Wii around 500k...

Oh, and probably X360 is ahead of Wii. There never has been much love for Nintendo here... SNES was outsold by the Genesis, what on Earth is a N64 or a GC, and Wii was negatively received. Nintendo consoles and handhelds for that matter have always been stuff of skinny japanese descendant kids, or at least that's the feeling you get.

Anyways the numbers doesn't tell the whole picture if you consider Sony should be profiting some $400 in each PS3 sold here (a PS3 costs about $1200 now). Heck even the PS2 is still close to $300. The most insane prices ever were by the Wii launch ($1100 for a Wii, but quickly dropped to $700 or so).

By the way, sales outside of NA and Europe are GOW3's best bet to reach 5m if there isn't any piracy. Pirated GOW and GOW2 had insane attach rates, and at least some of it should convert to 'real' GOW3 sales in the long term. 

FAKE! haha if u just consider the official brazillian product this could be right, but if we consider the total amount of units in brazil PS3 is way behind from the Wii (i know i live here) i gonna explain why the official PS3 sells well here.

A imported Wii goes on sale on a video game store for R$600,00 

A official Wii goes on sale for R$999,99

A imported PS3 goes on sale for R$1,299

And the official PS3 pack that is sold at super markets goes on sale for R$1,163

Did u guys notice the why the official PS3 get better sales than the official Wii ?

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!

Kasz216 said:
MrT-Tar said:

Dude DS is not low in brazil try to go to a anime convention here and u will loss the count of dss after the first minute, really im with 2 borrowed DSs at home, in fact i could name 50 friends with a DS.

GO PATS! 2012 THE YEAR OF NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS'S 4TH SUPER BOWL!

A patriot to the end. GO PATS!

Now playing> THE LAST STORY (Wii) Best RPG I EVER PLAYED. *-*

Nintendo could u please just take my money and give me back my 3DS?!