By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGC Pokemon Black/White Thread

DrZoidberg said:
lestatdark said:
radishhead said:

Beat the elite 4, but I can barely beat any of the trainers on R11 o.o

What should I do?

Do I need a new team? Current: Samurott, Sawk, Unfesant, Zebstrika, Reshiram and Gigalith

Your team is fine, though it would do better without that crappy Unfezant there and I would sugest looking into Eelektross as your electric pokemon (one of the best in the game, IMO).

What version do you have, White or Black? If you have White, Rufflet/Braviary is the best pick for a Flying pokemon

ya, zebstrika is very good for the early game (with the nice variety of moves it learns) but once you get into the late game, the other pokemon become better

that's why i switched to eelektross

Are you going to Thunderstone evolve it as soon as you hit Eelektrik or are you going to wait until you get Zap Cannon?

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
DrZoidberg said:
lestatdark said:
radishhead said:

What should I do?

Do I need a new team? Current: Samurott, Sawk, Unfesant, Zebstrika, Reshiram and Gigalith

Your team is fine, though it would do better without that crappy Unfezant there and I would sugest looking into Eelektross as your electric pokemon (one of the best in the game, IMO).

What version do you have, White or Black? If you have White, Rufflet/Braviary is the best pick for a Flying pokemon

ya, zebstrika is very good for the early game (with the nice variety of moves it learns) but once you get into the late game, the other pokemon become better

Are you going to Thunderstone evolve it as soon as you hit Eelektrik or are you going to wait until you get Zap Cannon?

Zap Cannon is useless.  The accuracy is too unreliable.  Unless Eelektrik/Eelektross gets No Guard, I can't see getting Zap Cannon being worthwhile.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
lestatdark said:
DrZoidberg said:
lestatdark said:
radishhead said:

What should I do?

Zap Cannon is useless.  The accuracy is too unreliable.  Unless Eelektrik/Eelektross gets No Guard, I can't see getting Zap Cannon being worthwhile.

Yeah I know, still some people like to use it (i've had it used against me on battles on SS/HG). Inferno (this gen) falls on the same category.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

lestatdark said:
DrZoidberg said:
lestatdark said:
radishhead said:

What should I do?

haven't decided yet, right now i'm focused on training up my deino, so i've got time to ponder that

level 64 is ridiculous

DrZoidberg said:
lestatdark said:
DrZoidberg said:
lestatdark said:
radishhead said:

What should I do?

haven't decided yet, right now i'm focused on training up my deino, so i've got time to ponder that

level 64 is ridiculous

Trust me, once you start fighting the level 47 - 50 Audino's and have them killing you on one hit with a Take Down or Double-Edge, you'll start seeing how ridiculous it is >_<.

That damn Hustle ability of his make any physical attack like a damn russian roulette.

Current PC Build

Around the Network

Wait, what?

Okay, so I'm just cruising along Pinwheel Forest (I think? It's between the second and third gym cities), fighting Audino, when outta nowhere Panpour (the water monkey?) shows up in the Shaking Grass! Explanations, anyone? I thought they were supposed to be starter-specific.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:

Wait, what?

Okay, so I'm just cruising along Pinwheel Forest (I think? It's between the second and third gym cities), fighting Audino, when outta nowhere Panpour (the water monkey?) shows up in the Shaking Grass! Explanations, anyone? I thought they were supposed to be starter-specific.

Nope, there's a 10% chance to find any of the elemental apes on the shaking grass in the Pinwheel forest. That's where I got all of mine

Current PC Build

You know your pokemon is completely overpowered when you get a 21 winning streak on the Battle Subway using only that pokemon. Hydreigon&Dark Pulse combo FTW.

Subway Master Ingo here I come.

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Immortal said:

Wait, what?

Nope, there's a 10% chance to find any of the elemental apes on the shaking grass in the Pinwheel forest. That's where I got all of mine

That's stupid, ;P. I thought I'd just magically stumbled upon a non-existent phenomenon.

“These are my principles; if you don’t like them, I have others.” – Groucho Marx

Immortal said:
lestatdark said:
Immortal said:

Wait, what?

That's stupid, ;P. I thought I'd just magically stumbled upon a non-existent phenomenon.

Mew behind the truck all over again? :D

Current PC Build