By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

Lostplanet22 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

This is gonna get butchered by the nit picky reviews....sigh

Sadly I see this happening.

I'm expectind Edge, Destructoid and Gamespot to give horrible reviews....GS had a video up and the guy who is gonna do the review made me wanna hug a pillow and sleep...he was THAT unenthusiastic about it

Yeah I heard about the Gamespot rant.....I will say Gametrailers is usually pretty "fair" so lets hope they give it a good score.

What kinda metacritic are you expecting?

@xbbjf9s

PM me the name your talking about!!

I was expecting 92-93

now? 89

hmmmm

Well here's the GT5 IMPRESSIONS thread on the Playstation EU forums

http://www.community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/Gran-Turismo-5-Impressions/td-p/11885316

It's pretty mixed isn't it...hmm I'm gonna get the game either way so I will judge it for myself

I am now on page 2 in that thread...Calling it mixed ...Well that is very brave of you...

I am so used when people buy a new game they say 'OMG the game is fantastic' 'Love this;.Love that'...

In that thread I am reading comments as ..;'I am dissapointed'.'They rushed it'...and don't feel the vibe of people who bought a game and love it very much'...but the vibe of a funeral.....Then again only on page 2 so far;.

Go all the way to the end, people whine less and less as it goes..you will even see the I love this comments too

again these guys are way way too picky

oh and not to mention some obvious, just joined the site to troll, user comments in there as well

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network
Cross-X said:
hallowedbeeddie said:
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I don´t know why, but I don´t

I think the game will get great reviews (maybe better than galaxy 2)

You're just joking with that comment right?

@Darth why have you listed taht french sites review?

Jeuxvideo/com ?

Well Libellule (who's French) says its like the French IGN so very important....so I included it.

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Really.

They've spent 5 years hyping it up and claiming it's been delayed due to perfection.

If it's as underwhelming as it sounds. If there are as much problems as I hear. If you can't get a cockpit view for 800 cars... Then really. It deserves the low reviews.

Cross-X said:
hallowedbeeddie said:
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

I don´t know why, but I don´t

I think the game will get great reviews (maybe better than galaxy 2)

You're just joking with that comment right?

@Darth why have you listed taht french sites review?

I know topping galaxy 2 metascore would be pretty hard, but I really don´t see why it wouldn´t have great reviews (speacially with all the additions this game will have)

I find it hard to believe they would screw it up with such a long developing time.

I think people are being too negative

I mean I won´t care what scores the game gets (the only score that matters is your own), but I don´t see why everyone seems to think it will get way lower reviews than other fronloaded games.

kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:

So we have a "critic reviews" thread for every big game launched

Here's the one for GT5

The thread will include reviews from any and every critic and will keep a watch on how metacritic is doing.....

If you find a review for GT5, please post it in here!!

Current Reviews:

Jeuxvideo.com -- 14/20

Pressfire.no -- 5/6

Current Metacritic:

N/A

where is the score on the pressfire.no review?  a score out of 6!?!?

Its on N4G's review score bit.

But thats not the sites score... now we taking n4g's take on someone elses review?  id remove that on if i was you or make it a 4/5  since when as a game been marked out of 6?  there will be plenty more legitimate scores you can add from tomorrow.

Yeah your right...there's no indication of the score on their site, I'll take it out.

Around the Network
Lostplanet22 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:

It's pretty mixed isn't it...hmm I'm gonna get the game either way so I will judge it for myself

I am now on page 2 in that thread...Calling it mixed ...Well that is very brave of you...

I am so used when people buy a new game they say 'OMG the game is fantastic' 'Love this;.Love that'...

In that thread I am reading comments as ..;'I am dissapointed'.'They rushed it'...and don't feel the vibe of people who bought a game and love it very much'...but the vibe of a funeral.....Then again only on page 2 so far;.

It is mixed though

You can clearly see people saying they "LOVE" it too!

M.U.G.E.N said:
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
darthdevidem01 said:
M.U.G.E.N said:
darthdevidem01 said:

hmmmm

Well here's the GT5 IMPRESSIONS thread on the Playstation EU forums

http://www.community.eu.playstation.com/t5/Gran-Turismo/Gran-Turismo-5-Impressions/td-p/11885316

Yeah its very mixed

But I really don't understand why.....how can a racing game be a "love it or hate it" type of product?

I expected opinions to be pretty consistent whether bad or good....

I think they are being way way too picky, comments like you wont notice at first but if you look closely some shadows are messed up etc are silly...they all bitch and moan the same mantra..it's been in development for so many years so it should be perfect

See i actually see it the other way. I have the game but have only played for a few hours. Am not very far in at all.

The way i see it is the game just feels incomplete. While you pass off the "Its been 6 years in development" criticism as picky i think it is pretty valid point. When i played A Spec i was blown away. The game was just huge and a big step up from the two previous games. This time around i don't think the game is too different from Prologue. There is a video going around with a side by side comparison of them on the same track and the difference is very minimal. And that was released first in 2007. Almost 3 years ago. While time should have no impact on a review it should however be noted. It should be noted that chances are GT5 is the longest and most expensive car racing game ever made. That means big expectations. It is the same with every creative industry. If you have a film having $100m spent on it you imagine it would have some big expensive effects, if a car cost $1m to buy you imagine it must be pretty powerful in comparison to other cars. If you spent $500k building a house and the builders took a couple of years to make you would be a bit pissed if they handed the keys over and the garage that you wanted wasen't there?  etc. The same rule applies to games. GT5 with its time and cost as'well as the talented people working on it should produce the greatest racing game of all time. Personally i don't think they have done that. Reading a lot of peoples views it would seem others don't think that either. The game is far from perfect and has a lot of things which just don't seem right.

So i think those people are right to ask those questions.

Looks kind of meh so far but I'm getting it for free, I'm going to be out all week so I didn't pick it up today.

19:44:34 Skeezer METAL GEAR ONLINE
19:44:36 Skeezer FAILURE
19:44:51 ABadClown You're right!
19:44:55 ABadClown Hur hur hur
19:45:01 Skeezer i meant
19:45:04 Skeezer YOU ARE A FAILKURE
19:45:08 Skeezer FAILURE*
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:
kowenicki said:
darthdevidem01 said:

So we have a "critic reviews" thread for every big game launched

Here's the one for GT5

The thread will include reviews from any and every critic and will keep a watch on how metacritic is doing.....

If you find a review for GT5, please post it in here!!

Current Reviews:

Jeuxvideo.com -- 14/20

Pressfire.no -- 5/6

Current Metacritic:

N/A

where is the score on the pressfire.no review?  a score out of 6!?!?

Its on N4G's review score bit.

But thats not the sites score... now we taking n4g's take on someone elses review?  id remove that on if i was you or make it a 4/5  since when as a game been marked out of 6?  there will be plenty more legitimate scores you can add from tomorrow.

Yeah your right...there's no indication of the score on their site, I'll take it out.

It's the dice!!!! The dice reads five, that's their score (in AC:Brotherhood there's a four, one for kinectimals and so on).

Booh! said:
darthdevidem01 said:

It's the dice!!!! The dice reads five, that's their score (in AC:Brotherhood there's a four, one for kinectimals and so on).

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Now thats pretty smart and vague at the same time

Ok it stays on there!