By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

_BetterThanToast_ said:
Aldro said:
_BetterThanToast_ said:

Anybody else been drifting? Its so fun, especially in an AE86. First thing that popped up in the used car dealership. 86,000 miles lol. Good deal?

In my dreams. I cant drift.. I just cant ;_;
teach me :*?

Practice makes perfect. If it doesn't turn, the handbrake is your best friend. Also get some help from the DK.

Cheers!

Around the Network

More mixed reviews.

4/5 - Digital Spy
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/gamingreviews/a290026/gran-turismo-5-ps3.html

8//10 - blipreview
http://gamesblip.com/review-GT5.htm

10/10 - Darkmatters
http://darkmatt.blogspot.com/2010/11/gran-turismo-5-darkmatters-review.html

Aldro said:
_BetterThanToast_ said:
Aldro said:
_BetterThanToast_ said:

Anybody else been drifting? Its so fun, especially in an AE86. First thing that popped up in the used car dealership. 86,000 miles lol. Good deal?

In my dreams. I cant drift.. I just cant ;_;
teach me :*?

Practice makes perfect. If it doesn't turn, the handbrake is your best friend. Also get some help from the DK.

Cheers!

No problem

I'm so freaking disappointed. Mainly about the shockingly big discrepancy between the graphics quality in pre-release footage and the videos shown now.

Im gonna get it for sure though in the coming week.

The problem i have with all these recent reviews is that part of this 5-6 years has been adding this 3D component and head tracking to the cockpit view.

so fair enough its okay to be dissappointed, but a lot of reviews have compared it to Forza or Need for Speed, and those reviewers dont take into account the amount of time and dedication it takes for 3D alone. and other games dont do those things. i know a lot of people dont have 3D tvs....

but imo reviewing a game without looking at all its assets, then comparing it to another game that dosent take into account that parameter of comparasion is really unfair i think.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

I'm so freaking disappointed. Mainly about the shockingly big discrepancy between the graphics quality in pre-release footage and the videos shown now.

Don't be. Some of the earlier levels and older standard cars aren't as polished, true, but premium cars, snow/rain levels, and day & night cycles look just as great as they were advertised. In fact, outside of a few low res shadows and bits of aliasing, GT5 looks mostly like it did in vids. You just have to know who to talk to, some might exaggerate it.

Good. I'll stick to the great looking levels then. Like the Tokyo track. Wow. I hope it looks like it did in that original showing at GamesCom.

Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

Don't be. Some of the earlier levels and older standard cars aren't as polished, true, but premium cars, snow/rain levels, and day & night cycles look just as great as they were advertised. In fact, outside of a few low res shadows and bits of aliasing, GT5 looks mostly like it did in vids. You just have to know who to talk to, some might exaggerate it.

Good. I'll stick to the great looking levels then. Like the Tokyo track. Wow. I hope it looks like it did in that original showing at GamesCom.

Trial Mountain is the only track I play so far which is nothing but a direct port from GT4. It still looks better being in HD yet you can clearly tell it's a port. I guess they ran out of time to upgrade this track yet decide to put it in anyways. The world tracks has bumps , lots of them which is the best I've seen in any console sim , close to Iracing. In Iracing though you can feel every bump in FFB wheels while Gt5 you feel some bumps but most are visual only.

Some of the standard cars also looked as if they are direct gt4 ports while others look as if they have been upgraded yet  not as good as premium cars. 

Also  I noticed some have claimed about GT5 AI is scripted. The AI in license and the special Top Gear test are scripted but the AI in arcade and A-spec are not. AI is pretty good yet like any AI not perfect.

I say GT5 is clearly worth the money even if they removed TM track and all  the standard cars.

Slimebeast said:
CGI-Quality said:
Slimebeast said:

I agree ENTIRELY. The rain, snow, day / night and almost all dark maps are insanely georgous. I fapped when playing in 3D. I seriously loved it. Make sure to put the strength on 10 though xDD. Takes about 15-20 min to actually get used to, but its worth it in my opinion. Fun experience, cant wait to try it with my G27 in a week or two.

Oh and cockpit view on premium (Which is all I play) are amazing. Ive played the game for over 15 hours and I have yet to see a standard car XD. Im so not gonna buy one lol! Also, the AI DOES overtake. Ive noticed it in NASCAR. It actually behaves GOOD at the very least!

Guys,

PLEASE CHECK OUT MY VIDEO OF A ROLL OVER IN GT5 xD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1s5yDCZFV8

And NASCAR Jeff gordon damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9expXJP40z4

man, I can't wait for EDGE review....

it's 10 or 6

10 will be the explosion from angry x360, nin fans and 6 will be the end of vgchartz as we know it