By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

gustave154 said:

my prediction failed.... IGN fails so much... how could they have given GT5 an 8.5 WTF!!!!

i am starting to think that the PS team at IGN are actually Microsoft fans in secret.

You harm yourself by saying odd things like this considering other PS3 exclusives this year that have good reviews from IGN.

IGN's score is basically around where the media average is.....I see nothing wrong with it really.

Gamereactor with their 7 is really wrong though!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
iWarMachine said:

i think the best reviews will come up from now on...those reviewers who TRIED to review the game in just 1 week are now off the way, that's why i think we'll see more in depth reviews from GT, Gamespot, VGC, etc.

Just one week? The online mode was release yesterday... so one day for review it.

GAMESPOT

Review in Progress: Gran Turismo 5

Polyphony didn't rush the game, we won't be rushing our review.

darthdevidem01 said:
gustave154 said:

my prediction failed.... IGN fails so much... how could they have given GT5 an 8.5 WTF!!!!

i am starting to think that the PS team at IGN are actually Microsoft fans in secret.

You harm yourself by saying odd things like this considering other PS3 exclusives this year that have good reviews from IGN.

IGN's score is basically around where the media average is.....I see nothing wrong with it really.

well it is around the same with other media but they gave SHIFT 9.0

and this is surely better than that

also IGN Original don't seem to be reviewing it

And guys the Gamespot reviewer of GT5 was pretty "meh" on it on his live feed and twitter

YES they are taking longer to review it...but don't expect a high score....unless the game changed a lot for him.

Around the Network
libellule said:
Hyruken said:

Most deffinatly not the best racing game ever...

GT5 is a good game but it doesn't tick all the boxes. Especially if we are comparing to Forza 3. The sound is not as good, the crash physics are not as good, the tracks overall are less varied and not as good, the AI is nowhere near as good, the customization is nowhere near as good, the ability to design your cars is not in it, the menus are basic, has less cars that look detailed 200 compared to Forza's 400 etc.

The areas where i think Gt5 is better is the graphics of the overall game. The 200 premium cars look better then any other cars ever created, period. The racing world looks awesome from the green grass to the racing stands.

I am a huge racing fan, if you look at my gamer tags your see i have pretty much every racing game this gen on both consoles. GT5 is a really good game, but best racing game this gen in terms of simulation still belongs to Forza 3. I think overall the reviews reflect that.

Driving physics are better than any console game. Period.

It is still the best driving simulator, perhaps not the best racing game ...

LINK ????

snakenobi said:
darthdevidem01 said:
gustave154 said:

IGN original and IGN UK both gave it 8.5

And you can't compare sim racing with arcade...also NFS Shift might simply be more fun, it has a higher metacritic than GT5..so other gaming media sites may have liked it more too

Cypher1980 said:
libellule said:
Hyruken said:

Most deffinatly not the best racing game ever...

GT5 is a good game but it doesn't tick all the boxes. Especially if we are comparing to Forza 3. The sound is not as good, the crash physics are not as good, the tracks overall are less varied and not as good, the AI is nowhere near as good, the customization is nowhere near as good, the ability to design your cars is not in it, the menus are basic, has less cars that look detailed 200 compared to Forza's 400 etc.

The areas where i think Gt5 is better is the graphics of the overall game. The 200 premium cars look better then any other cars ever created, period. The racing world looks awesome from the green grass to the racing stands.

I am a huge racing fan, if you look at my gamer tags your see i have pretty much every racing game this gen on both consoles. GT5 is a really good game, but best racing game this gen in terms of simulation still belongs to Forza 3. I think overall the reviews reflect that.

Driving physics are better than any console game. Period.

It is still the best driving simulator, perhaps not the best racing game ...

LINK ????

Read the reviews... IGN said that too.

darthdevidem01 said:
snakenobi said:
darthdevidem01 said:
gustave154 said:

And you can't compare sim racing with arcade...also NFS Shift might simply be more fun, it has a higher metacritic than GT5..so other gaming media sites may have liked it more too

No. IGN original and IGN AU copied the IGN UK review.

ethomaz said:
darthdevidem01 said:
snakenobi said:
darthdevidem01 said:
gustave154 said:

No. IGN original and IGN AU copied the IGN UK review.

actually it seems IGN UK haven;t reviewed it yet