By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Gran Turismo 5 CRITIC REVIEWS & Metacritic Watch Thread!

I wonder how these reviews, giving scores below what was anticipated, will affect sales.

Around the Network
daroamer said:
darthdevidem01 said:
hallowedbeeddie said:

I´m shocked it´s getting lower scores than forza :(

I´m sure the game will be great though (gonna be enjoying it with my brother:))

Lower than NFS Hot Pursuit even

Thats not a fair comparison though, that's an arcade racer.  I do think it's fair to compare it Forza though as they tout that as a racing sim as well.

Yeah I guess thats not fair

I'm not surprised in it being lower than Forza 3...though I did think it would be over Forza 2 at least

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Gamingbolt score

9/10.

http://n4g.com/news/652606/gran-turismo-5-review-gamingbolt/com

CGI-Quality said:
Krill said:

I wonder how these reviews, giving scores below what was anticipated, will affect sales.

Probably not much, especially given that a good amount of GT fans and/or new comers won't read reviews. If GT5 stays consistent in score with GT4 (89), it will matter even less on sales.

Yeah i don't think the reviews will effect sales much at all. GT4 still sold loads and that was 89.

However with the GT series obviously the reason it had such high sales over time was because casuals could also play it. I wonder if people will be put off reading comments where people say it is just for the hardcore fan etc?

Game Informe 9/10 - "Polyphony Digital Realizes Its Racing Dream"

http://gameinformer.com/games/gran_turismo_5/b/ps3/archive/2010/11/24/polyphony-digital-realizes-its-racing-dream.aspx

Around the Network
ethomaz said:

Game Informe 9/10 - "Polyphony Digital Realizes Its Racing Dream"

http://gameinformer.com/games/gran_turismo_5/b/ps3/archive/2010/11/24/polyphony-digital-realizes-its-racing-dream.aspx

WoW more 9's

Gamingbolt 9/10

Gameinformer 9/10

how it keeps it up.

Can anyone tell me the reasons why Forza is better than GT5? I did not play Forza so I do not know. The online? The sim? The menus? Casual friendly? Gfx?

This is a sincere question and not a fan statement.

i think the best reviews will come up from now on...those reviewers who TRIED to review the game in just 1 week are now off the way, that's why i think we'll see more in depth reviews from GT, Gamespot, VGC, etc.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!

my prediction failed.... IGN fails so much... how could they have given GT5 an 8.5 WTF!!!!

i am starting to think that the PS team at IGN are actually Microsoft fans in secret.

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Nereid said:

Can anyone tell me the reasons why Forza is better than GT5? I did not play Forza so I do not know. The online? The sim? The menus? Casual friendly? Gfx?

This is a sincere question and not a fan statement.

Forza could be better than GT5 because Forza could be the best package out of both games. "the most polished" of both games. That's something T10 should be proud.

I'm Back! - Proud owner of the best doomed handheld of all time!