By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Move and Kinect are not attracting new (casual?) customers ...

I wondered myself, why the hell is Wiifit still in top ten, but I guess its just that much harder to break into the "Wii market".

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Around the Network
megaman79 said:

I wondered myself, why the hell is Wiifit still in top ten, but I guess its just that much harder to break into the "Wii market".

I, err, blame WiiFit.

Nintendo got the mindshare this gen.

Switch: SW-5066-1525-5130

XBL: GratuitousFREEK

I  think we should wait after Christmas

@happysquirrel  by that definition the PS2 should not be the best selling console ever. What did Sony really do with that system outside of adding DVD playback???? SNES did not provide a ton of difference between it and NES. The Wii, Eyetoy are really the only things that came out in the last couple of years that I could say provide a new experience.  I challenge your logic on "new gameplay experience" with respect, I dont agree at all, a good amount of people DONT want new things for the most part. IF they did, COD would not be selling like gangbusters. Mario Galaxy 2 would not have sold millions. I think we would have alot less franchises. I give Ninty credit for opening the motion floodgates.

Around the Network

PS Move is $100 and Kinect is $150. Sony and Microsoft shouldn't expect people to buy somrthing that expensive when the economy is crumbling.

who thought they would?

not surprising, but the sells are good and look to be stable for both products.

Kinda early to call this, no? Its not even been one holiday season. I remain reserved until the spring before making judgement. That said, ther'es not much "non-gamer" buzz about the Move, but a LOT of buzz about Kinect.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

Why would they? Casual customers don't pay $300 for games....

gekkokamen said:

Why would they? Casual customers don't pay $300 for games....

But they pay $250 and then nearly half of them turn around and spend $100 more for a fitness peripheral and game.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.