By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - I'm calling bullshit on GT5 graphics claims, try to prove me wrong...

In general, almost all simulation racing games graphics claims are bullshit ...

Most of the screenshots or videos from these games are not gameplay footage and are done in replay or photo mode, which are not representative of what the game looks like in game. While I haven't seen it done, a developer could offer a photo mode where the highest detailed version of the models in the game are rendered using photon mapping to produce images which are approaching that of pre-rendered movies.

Around the Network
Nsanity said:

GT5 photo mode is similar to the one in Forza where it ups AA, resolution etc,

Example - These were taken using capture card not during photo mode

Look closely at the glare lines on the TV on the right side throughout the video. This isn't an HD TV. It has a plastic cover over the screen which means that its either a projector of a flat screen (think flatscreened TUBE TV).

So you're taking a 480p video, recording it on an even lower resolution camera, and then posting it on youtube which even further degrades movie quality for the sake of bandwidth.

THATS why it looks like that.

Do you ever play the demo?

CGI-Quality said:

http://gameinformer.com/games/gran_turismo_5/b/ps3/archive/2010/11/22/hands-on-with-gran-turismo-5.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

GameInformer: GAMEPLAY

"The game not only looks as good as advertised, but each vehicle also handles really well, giving you a great flavor of all kinds of vehicles and the various challenges associated with their braking, horsepower, engine placement, etc. Snow, night, and rain weather effects throw a kink in some of your best-laid racing plans, but tackling the elements is all part of the experience".

This thread just proves that with any game, especially behemoth's like Gran Turismo 5, there will always be your share of doubters.

And those doubters always seem to be the same people... Over, and over again.

Looks like GameInformer love it too

Around the Network

I don't like GT5 and want nothing to do with it; but, OP, when you make a claim like that, the burden of proof is on you. 

twesterm said:

First off, press photos are always photoshopped.  That's just a common truth.

Except those aren't press photos. They were taken by a GTPlanet user who has the full game.

--OkeyDokey-- said:
twesterm said:

Except those aren't press photos. They were taken by a GTPlanet user who has the full game.

Sorry, I meant photos sent to the press by the publisher, I have no idea where the photos he posted were from.

The photos on the top are taken by an artist working for PD. He probably spent hours searching for the best photos he could get. They are no doubt in the full resolution.

The later video is taken by a home video camera at a weird angle and then uploaded through youtube. He also probably spent some time looking for the worst possible place to take the photo.

Summary - both people are deceiving you to try to prove their point. The game will not all look as good as the top photos, and it will not look as bad as the bottom video. This is something you'll have to get used to in this industry

twesterm said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
twesterm said:

Sorry, I meant photos sent to the press by the publisher, I have no idea where the photos he posted were from.

It as written all over the thread, "photo mode", you should start reading threads you post in. I'm glad GameInformer like it, I'm getting mine today, I guess I'll spend alot of time rading the Apex book.