By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Help me justify the purchase of an Xbox 360

KillerMan said:

This thread reminds me that why in the hell there are so few turn based JRPGs on HD consoles !? Everything seems to have action based combat system nowadays. This saddens me greatly. =(

its mostly disappointing

Around the Network

Anyone who has Kinect Adventures get's a two song demo of Dance Central.  If you have a friend with Kinect you could try it out.  Or ask nice at a store and maybe they will let you try.  I think it's similar too, but much superior to Dance Dance Revolution.  (Make sure you have enough play space.)

I have a Xbox 360s, Gaming PC, Blu-ray and a Wii. (All my frieds have PS3's too.)  Like others have said, there is so much in the arcade, plenty of free(demo)/inexpensive entertainment.  Plus, watching new movies in Zune and going 'Xbox Pause,' (go makes popcorn), 'Xbox Play' is very, very satisfying.

I end up using my Xbox more than thought I would.  Even for Netflix, it's browsing and finding new stuff is better than my other 3 options.  Plus, when they add the Netflix Kinect ap it will be a killer.

Try Limbo, Braid, etc.  I even got an indy space game called "Solar" where you are a little star, and get to go around the galaxy and gobble up planets till you become a Black Hole. It's sounds simple, but I found it really fun, and it was only $1.00.  There are so many little gems in Xbox Live it I've been pleasantly surprised.

I would strongly encourage you to get an HDMI Cable for your TV and the Optical TOS Link cable to your surround sound stereo so your X360 can really shine.

Zappykins

PS I took my Kinect to a PS3 Fanboy/MS Hater over the weekend, who loves to dislike things.  And even he had to admit that Kinect is 'nice and pretty cool' and 'works better than I expected.' (And that was will no config/set up).

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Blue Dragon !!!!
Awesome JRPG.

You could buy Lost Odyssey ist the best JRPGs thus far this Generation and its Xbox 360 exklusiv. Tales of Vesperia an Blue Dragon are also  great 360 exklusiv JRPGs. Fable 2, 3 and Mass Effect 1 are awesome exklusiv west RPGs on Xbox 360. Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Nolts is a great Jump and Run/Drive Game, Alan Wake is one of the best Action/Horror Games this Generation. Gears of War 1,2 and next year 3 are awesome Action/3rd Person Shooter Games. Forza 3 and Projekt Gotham Racing are cool Racing Games for the 360. Ace Combat 6, Kameo, Dead Rising ect are also cool Xbox 360 exklusive Games. This Games are all very cool and there are no Ego Shooter beneath.

Then there are many awesome Xbox live Games like Limbo, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Super Meat Boy ect. And next year there will come many cool Games for Kinect.

disolitude said:

Xbox Live Arcade is where its at.

100 bucks spent on XBL will give you 100's of fun hours of gameplay. Especially if you are jsut buying the system now for the first time...you got lots of great titles to catch up on. Braid, Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars 2, Splosion Man, Shadow Complex, Super Meat Boy, Limbo...list can go on and on

That is a big one.  Indie Games also has some gems to (Mommy's Best Games stuff which are like old Amiga games, and Miner: Dig Deep are two).  Pinball FX2 is great for pinball.  I am a rare exception, but I like Game Room. 

Best thing someone can do is check the list of what is out, and then decide.  Even one game alone can be worth it, if that game is looking to get a lot of play.

Around the Network

Like several others had mentioned already, Lost Odyssey is near justification alone.

If you haven't a capable PC, Mass Effect 1/2 easily make it worth it.

Haven't seen many platformers listed, byt Shadow Complex and Splosion Man are both excellent games.

How DARE you insult DDR! You are dead to me!

If you're getting Kinect only for Dance Central, don't forget to get Dance Masters. Creators of DDR :D

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Can you clarify "action" at all? It is very broad. It can mean anything from beat-em up to Dead Rising.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

It's a great system and I have alot of friends with Xbox and I'm sure you do too. You should get it and get the 250gb version.

exclusives only?

fable 2 3 are great action adventure rpg's

dead or alive 4 is my fav fighter ever

gears of war 1 and 2 are very actiony games

original xbox games

lost odyessy, last remnant etc are said to be good jrpgs

you might like banjoo