By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - There will be Damage in GT5, and Night time + Weather effects

Wait, if prologue is going to recieve all that via updates, then what will it not have compared to the full version?

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

car damage will be a good feature

I am still hoping for no damage. I don't want my Lexus all scratched.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

I expect the finished product to have both damage and a full range of weather and dynamic effects to affect the driving experience.
The new physics system is very sophisticated and can simulate some fairly realistic effects if you program long (and well) enough.
I have much faith in Polyphony at this point and in this regard.

@Mummelmann

We just read that what you mentioned will be eventually in the prologue game via updates, i'm asking what exactly else we will find in the final build of the game? Extra courses? Extra music?

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network

I would love the weather effects. Driving in the rain with a Skyline GT-R in GT4 was fun. I can't wait to see the replays in GT5.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Wojtas said:
@Mummelmann

We just read that what you mentioned will be eventually in the prologue game via updates, i'm asking what exactly else we will find in the final build of the game? Extra courses? Extra music?

There's been a lot of talk about selling "packets" of tracks and/or cars on Psstore once the game launches, and I think they will.

Aside from the game having probably more courses and cars (35-40 tracks, 700-800 cars), I expect more modes as well. Polyphony are very focused on GT, since this is their only big project throughout, so we'll see some fantastic add-on's and extras given through online support and downloads every 3-4 months or so. 

Hmmm...i'm not that much of an GT fan so if it were to appear that prologue has a very decent amount of tracks, music etc plus all those download extras, i would probably leave GT5 and stick with prologue.

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

GT5 Prologue is coming out in the US next week? Are you guys sure? I will be at the store the day of, if someone can give me an actual day and date please!!!

Currently Playing:

PS4 - Killzone:SF and Assasins Creed 4

XBox One: BF4, CoD:Ghosts, Dead Rising 3, Forza 5

Changing channels with my voice: priceless!!!

I CANNOT wait for the full version, i don't think i'll be getting prologue, but i will no doubt get the full version. I kind of hate priced add ons like cars and tracks may be for this game, i'd rather them all at once, but i realize this is a nice way to make more money for the developers/sony