By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Why is Xbox so Strong in Americas ?

thranx said:
Chairman-Mao said:
thranx said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Beuli2 said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Because its an American company. Same reason Japanese buy Sony and Nintendo products but not Microsoft.

But don't americans buy Wiis and PS3s as well?

Yeah but not as many.

well from vgchartz the america's have bought more wii's so maybe its just a sony thing than?

I don't know I was just making a theory. Americans are pretty patriotic and usually buy American things instead of foreign things. I think the Wii was an exception because it was the must have console for the last couple years.

ohh i see. just spouting out things you do not know or care to research. ok carry on than

@Mao

Actually, they look at price tags/value just like everybody else, it just so happens that MS knows what people want in their own region and what a lot of people don't mind paying for on a monthly basis etc, being their home turf, they'd better know how to fully advertise it in the most optimized fashion, MS is not this big for nothing after all. Nintendo won the gamble, and Sony is currently still on crack to this day for some reason, but in the end, it's still the price tag/value ratio, oh and Sony is retarded, wait did I mention that Sony is retarded? Oh yeah Sony is retarded.

Around the Network
Fumanchu said:
Chairman-Mao said:
thranx said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Beuli2 said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Because its an American company. Same reason Japanese buy Sony and Nintendo products but not Microsoft.

Yeah but not as many.

well from vgchartz the america's have bought more wii's so maybe its just a sony thing than?

I don't know I was just making a theory. Americans are pretty patriotic and usually buy American things instead of foreign things. I think the Wii was an exception because it was the must have console for the last couple years.

Is that why Toyota is the best selling car manufacturer in the US?

I think the US is probably the best example of free market capitalism, no one gives a shit where the product comes from as long as it's good value.

Yeah I guess you're right. Its pretty sad how Americans don't support their own companies, its no wonder American jobs are being cut and moved to Mexico/China/India.

If I ran America I'd have it fixed in a year. I'd put a fuck-ton of tarriffs on every import and give lots of incentives/tax cuts for factories/businesses to move operations back to America and get our unemployment rate way down again.

the xbox 360 came out first. If your friends have an xbox and u want to play with them, why would u want a ps3?

Chairman-Mao said:
Fumanchu said:
Chairman-Mao said:
thranx said:
Chairman-Mao said:
Beuli2 said:
Chairman-Mao said:

Yeah but not as many.

Is that why Toyota is the best selling car manufacturer in the US?

I think the US is probably the best example of free market capitalism, no one gives a shit where the product comes from as long as it's good value.

Yeah I guess you're right. Its pretty sad how Americans don't support their own companies, its no wonder American jobs are being cut and moved to Mexico/China/India.

If I ran America I'd have it fixed in a year. I'd put a fuck-ton of tarriffs on every import and give lots of incentives/tax cuts for factories/businesses to move operations back to America and get our unemployment rate way down again.

or the American people can just start immigrating to another country if they can't handle it here, I hear China has good wadges for factory workers, like 23 hours days at 2 cents per hour! Well not really but, cost of living is lower and their internal stock market is really hot right now so if you play your cards right, cha-chin in your pocket isn't too hard over there atm.

fishsteaks said:

the xbox 360 came out first. If your friends have an xbox and u want to play with them, why would u want a ps3?

because I'm a leader and not a follower, I simply have to convert those assholes to get a PS3 or just make new friends, not to mention I will always have my sweet, sweet PC <3

Around the Network
dahuman said:
fishsteaks said:

because I'm a leader and not a follower, I simply have to convert those assholes to get a PS3 or just make new friends, not to mention I will always have my sweet, sweet PC <3

hahaha good luck with make them getting an inferior plataform to play online games as Cod and Halo.

And bad ports.

EDIT: This post has been moderated. -d1

CGI-Quality said:
*Sound Of Rain said:

The XBox brand is strongest in America because its by an American company as well as a highly recognized one.

As for your prediction about next Gen I disagree completely...before this Gen the Playstation brand was very strong in America but seems to have faded because of the XBox brand. With that said while the Playstation brand slowed in America the DS and Wii brands gained huge popularity in America and just like how the 3DS has the name DS in it I expect Nintendo's next console to have the name Wii contained in it.

I personally think that the P.S brand faded here because the 360 and PS3 are so similar and the 360 is made in America so people pick the 360 over the PS3 here.

Anyway, nobody knows what next Gen has in store for all consoles though I expect Nintendo to stay fairly popular next Gen in the same way that PS2 was successful partly due to the PS1.

The PlayStation brand has weakened in America because of Sony, not really because of the Xbox brand. A $299 launch PS3 would have continued Sony's dominance here, no doubt about it.

Really, it was Sony's blunders and Microsoft's marketing and aggressive stance that have helped up the brand here. Next gen is anybody's game, that's a true victory for Microsoft (and Nintendo too).

I don't think that the 360 was that much cheaper was it? I do agree though that the price point of PS3 hurt the PS brand a lot this Gen in America. I don't understand why everybody says that the XBox brand is so strong in America because last time I checked PS2 and Wii both outsold the XBox and 360 by a good amount.

You may correct the phrase and put NORTH AMERICA, because PlayStation is much, much bigger in South America.

People from the U.S tend to think they are the world...

rrrnearrr said:

You may correct the phrase and put NORTH AMERICA, because PlayStation is much, much bigger in South America.

South America/central America is a much smaller market than North America, so it's correct to say that in America, as a whole, Microsoft sells more comparatively than in other areas.

rrrnearrr said:

i think he is from the UK not the US.