By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - 2010's Best Selling New IPs

That list shows that new IP really has trouble selling. Bysmal sales (although Heavy Rain was a huge success in itself).

I only have Alan Wake from that list, but Ill get Heavy Rain soon.

Around the Network

more JRPG new IP's sold well than WRPG one's....WRPG's are doomedz!!!!!!!111

I had no idea Darksiders had sold that much

And isn't "Wii play" not a new IP?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Great, Bayonetta deserves it. But no good Jump and Run...this is sad.

SEGA, the Game is never over!

Yeah it is a hard time for new ips.

So Kinect Adventures will be the biggest new IP this year due to bundles. Kinect Sports might get 2nd place. Dance Central might get in the top10 as well.

Thanks to the holiday bundles, Alan Wake will easily cross a million, even though it is a downloadable game and not tracked.

I really hope Bulletstorm does well in 2011. I am really keen on getting my hands on this one.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

DirtyP2002 said:

So Kinect Adventures will be the biggest new IP this year due to bundles. Kinect Sports might get 2nd place. Dance Central might get in the top10 as well.

Thanks to the holiday bundles, Alan Wake will easily cross a million, even though it is a downloadable game and not tracked.

I really hope Bulletstorm does well in 2011. I am really keen on getting my hands on this one.

i wonder how bulletstorm will do against Cysis 2, Socom 4, Killzone 3, Tom Clancy Future Soldier all being released in that period and they are all established titles with big fanbases, will games take an punt on an new IP like Bullet storm and homefront or wait it out for the other big titles. 

also i doubt Kinect Sports will reach 1.5 million and beat Wii Party. But because Kinect adventures is bundled it would rise up 

Of Course That's Just My Opinion, I Could Be Wrong

Around the Network
mchaza said:
DirtyP2002 said:

i wonder how bulletstorm will do against Cysis 2, Socom 4, Killzone 3, Tom Clancy Future Soldier all being released in that period and they are all established titles with big fanbases, will games take an punt on an new IP like Bullet storm and homefront or wait it out for the other big titles. 

also i doubt Kinect Sports will reach 1.5 million and beat Wii Party. But because Kinect adventures is bundled it would rise up 

Yeah, I forgot Wii Party will keep on selling

I think Bulletstorm will be quite a massive hit. It is so unique because of thise over the top action. I think 3 - 4 million could be possible on PS360.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

if Gears 3 Beta Included with Bulletstorm is ture

then Bulletstorm 360 version will over 2m

Cross-X said:

Is Wii Party considered a New IP?

It's a part of the Wii series, which launched back in 2006.

So does that mean that Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Wii Music are all separate IPs?

Yes, It is.
That's like saying Mario Party (N64) is not a new IP at that time because it's part of the Mario series.

Wii Sports Resort is part of the Wii Sports series

Sports Champions to pass Alan wake next week! Kind of sad though considering how bad Alan Wake's sales were.

Fab_GS said:
Cross-X said:

Is Wii Party considered a New IP?

It's a part of the Wii series, which launched back in 2006.

So does that mean that Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit, Wii Music are all separate IPs?

Yes, It is.
That's like saying Mario Party (N64) is not a new IP at that time because it's part of the Mario series.

Wii Sports Resort is part of the Wii Sports series

If that's the case then I'm cool with that. Justt wasn't too sure about it.