By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
TruckOSaurus said:
Homer_Simpson said:

I agree on dtewi, he seems disturbingly over confident about Radish being scum, im almost tempted at this point to say we should lynch Radish, its looking more and more like a win-win scenario for us;

Radish is pro-town - we lynch him and it becomes clear that those who were over confident of his being scum are likely scum themselves influencing a lynch (1), gives us at least two obvious targets for lynching tomorrow (Dtewi and Final Fan), as well as others who's bandwagoning on him calls there judgement into question like Kantor...

Here you go again voting for reasons that are shaky at best. If dtewi and/or Final-Fan were scum that means they would KNOW without a doubt whether or not radish would turn up town. So if radish is town then it would be in their best interest to make it seem like they had some doubts so they can backtrack tomorrow when he comes up town.

Also, I don't see where you get that Final-Fan is so certain of radish's scumness, yes he's one of the players who has been pushing the hardest for his lynch but his reasons include the possibility that Radishead is just a townie who's playing badly.

Now I can't shake the feeling that you're scum who's trying to get anyone lynched, jumping to the person that best suits your interests and making up fake reasons to justify your votes.

Unvote: Radishead
Vote: Homer_Simpson

1. you seem awful confident of what the mafia would do...

2. you dont push that hard for a lynch without reason...and I really doubt he would be that keen on it if he seriously thought he was just playing badly

3. I have only voted for like 2 people, thats less than most people, even then, I gave many reasons for the first vote and I pointed out the obvious scenarios of the 2nd vote and why I was doing it.

Around the Network
dtewi said:
GodOfWar_3ever said:
dtewi said:

Godofwar, can you at least sparknote those long posts?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3763970

Read that post....atleast the bit starting from the vote on radishhead by final fan

Could you summarize your suspicions in one nice eloquent post?

Now then, I think we should lynch the scummiest person that would give us the most info.

-Radish

-Kantor

-Homer

My top suspects.

I think lynching Kantor and Homer could exonerate a fair few people and condemn some others, with Kantor more so than others.

Unvote: radish for the time being.

so no reasons for suspecting them are given, and then you make an assertion with nothing to explain it?

good to know...

In that post, you're basically stating that you think I'm town. 

"least damaging way to waste a day on a mislynch"

"I won't regret this lynch even if he flips town"

"he, a townie, is dead"

"blaming the town for lynching someone who acts like mafia"

To me, it looks like you're trying to both get me lynched, yet stay as far away from it as possible. Obviously, if you're mafia, you'd know that I'm town, so this seems like the ideal method of drawing suspicion form yourself if a lynch were to occur.

Edit: This post was aimed at FF

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
"he, a townie, is dead"

To me, it looks like you're trying to both get me lynched, yet stay as far away from it as possible. Obviously, if you're mafia, you'd know that I'm town, so this seems like the ideal method of drawing suspicion form yourself if a lynch were to occur.

Those quotes are me speaking hypothetically. 

I am not trying to "stay away" from your lynch; I have been one of the most vocal if not THE most vocal advocate of your death. 

I just think that it is best for the town that you die, and that it will not be that bad for the town even if you flip town.  Your behavior will simply be a magnet for suspicion that distracts from other scum hunting. 

Dammit radish, you just don't seem to even understand that there is anything wrong with what you did.  Even now, you can't admit it, can you? 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Hypothetically, except for the last one: 

Are you saying mafia never act like mafia? 

I am human, and I act like a human every day of the week. 

"you'd know that I'm town"
OMG how do you know what I'd know if I was mafia ... unless ... YOU'RE MAFIA OMGWTFBBQ

Really now, radish, explaining my thoughts by speaking hypothetically about you turning up to be mafia AND TOWN seems to have broken your mind, unless you're just trying to deflect suspicion by any way possible. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
Final-Fan said:
radishhead said:
"he, a townie, is dead"

Those quotes are me speaking hypothetically. 

I am not trying to "stay away" from your lynch; I have been one of the most vocal if not THE most vocal advocate of your death. 

I just think that it is best for the town that you die, and that it will not be that bad for the town even if you flip town.  Your behavior will simply be a magnet for suspicion that distracts from other scum hunting. 

Dammit radish, you just don't seem to even understand that there is anything wrong with what you did.  Even now, you can't admit it, can you? 

I honestly don't see much wrong with how I've played this game - if you think about it, the only reason that I've drawn any suspicion at all is because I stated that I don't do 1st day lynches, but later admitting that I do in the right circumstances. You're almost hiding behind the point that I'm playing badly, but it's only really the way that people have interpreted the things that I've said that have turned the situation around. Forcing it into people's heads that I've been playing badly this round, when I haven't done much wrong at all, and you're stopping people from taking a step back and looking at the bigger picture. To me, that doesn't seem worth all the attention that I've been receiving. I suppose that it is probably the most important contradiction that's appeared in the game so far, but that's not saying much considering that it's only the first day of the round.

On your point about the Mafia acting like mafia, I think it's an interesting point, with an almost philosophical tint to it. When all the players in a mafia game get too good, it becomes so that only the town can appear as the Mafia. The mafia know that they have to appear town, and their only goal is to do that, rather than the town who have a goal of both appearing like town and finding the mafia. I say "appearing like town", because if you think about it, even the players who are townies have to get into the mentality of a townie. Following the same clichés and working together. Those who stand out get pounced on quickly, even if they're trying to do something for the team. Finding the right balance between acting like town and finding the mafia is difficult, and sometimes the more experienced players can look more like town than the town themselves! It's definitely interesting stuff.

But that's just me - sometimes I feel like I'm in a situation where I can't seem to find the right thing to say. When I'm looking at a statement that's a response to something that I've said, I think to myself, "somewhere, in the dictionary of words and the rules of grammar, there is a response that will both convey the point that I'm trying to make, and satisfy the interrogator so that he won't ask me any more questions for a short while" - unfortunately, I can never seem to find the right selection of words. Sometimes I decide that a strong opinion is the best way forward, because the other players will think "what a leader! We should listen to what he has to say", but unfortunately, choosing this route can be risky, because should a contradication be found - your life as a townie is as good as over. This one has happened to me in this game as well as a couple of others. You could also take the vague and mysterious approach - this one is normally received as "scummy" behaviour, but I did try this in the Final Fantasy themed game (it didn't work brilliantly, but it kept the game interesting, to say the least). Finally, you could just say nothing at all. This is the only one that I haven't tried yet in all my games of Mafia, and I'm often told by other players that I have to learn when to say nothing at all. I don't believe that there is ever a situation in mafia where can can get away with not responding to a question, or a statement that someone has thought up following your actions in a game. I consider it my main weakness when playing Mafia, and, with all gameplay weaknesses, I'm trying to get better at doing it :)

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

Homer_Simpson said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Here you go again voting for reasons that are shaky at best. If dtewi and/or Final-Fan were scum that means they would KNOW without a doubt whether or not radish would turn up town. So if radish is town then it would be in their best interest to make it seem like they had some doubts so they can backtrack tomorrow when he comes up town.

Also, I don't see where you get that Final-Fan is so certain of radish's scumness, yes he's one of the players who has been pushing the hardest for his lynch but his reasons include the possibility that Radishead is just a townie who's playing badly.

Now I can't shake the feeling that you're scum who's trying to get anyone lynched, jumping to the person that best suits your interests and making up fake reasons to justify your votes.

Unvote: Radishead
Vote: Homer_Simpson

1. you seem awful confident of what the mafia would do...

2. you dont push that hard for a lynch without reason...and I really doubt he would be that keen on it if he seriously thought he was just playing badly

3. I have only voted for like 2 people, thats less than most people, even then, I gave many reasons for the first vote and I pointed out the obvious scenarios of the 2nd vote and why I was doing it.

1. It's called common sense.

2. Maybe it's enough for him. Maybe he does believe Radish is scum.

3. You gave your reasons for voting for Kantor after people questionned your weak reasons that accompanied your vote and your assumption that If Radish = Town Then dtewi and Final-Fan = scum is ridiculous.

Signature goes here!

@prof

I have been spending most of my time this weekend doing homework, I have 2 projects both due on monday and one of them I just started doing on friday

I am a huge procrastinator, but I'll try to be more active

Kantor- This guy has been acting very suspicious like I said he keeps on voting and unvoting, wagon hopping and retaliation  voting like others have said before me its out of character because he is usually more careful with votes I remember last round he didn't even want to joke vote so he joked fos'ed

radish- The main reason I am suspicious of radish is becuase of his whole lie about his stance on first day lynch, I mean why would he have to put up a disguise I just don't think a townie should have to do that, no matter the reason.

Homer- I'm a little suspicious of homer because of his weird reason on voting Kantor, but right now my main suspects are kantor and radish

The reason I didn't vote yet is because I have been trying to decide who I think is more likely to be scum between radishhead and kantor.

-

MetalGear_94 said:

@prof

I have been spending most of my time this weekend doing homework, I have 2 projects both due on monday and one of them I just started doing on friday

I am a huge procrastinator, but I'll try to be more active

Kantor- This guy has been acting very suspicious like I said he keeps on voting and unvoting, wagon hopping and retaliation  voting like others have said before me its out of character because he is usually more careful with votes I remember last round he didn't even want to joke vote so he joked fos'ed

radish- The main reason I am suspicious of radish is becuase of his whole lie about his stance on first day lynch, I mean why would he have to put up a disguise I just don't think a townie should have to do that, no matter the reason.

Homer- I'm a little suspicious of homer because of his weird reason on voting Kantor, but right now my main suspects are kantor and radish

The reason I didn't vote yet is because I have been trying to decide who I think is more likely to be scum between radishhead and kantor.

Never before had I seen such widespread support for a lynch train.

My votes were as follows:

theprof00: I was trying to show him how empty and foolish his logic was. Call it a "revenge vote" if you will, but it wasn't.

radishhead: An enormous amount of support for his lynching. He seemed to have done something or other wrong, and he had some six votes on him, which is more than any possible number of Mafia. I didn't really see anything wrong here, but it was a placeholder.

Homer_Simpson: The most broken and ridiculous reasoning I have ever seen, and false claims regarding my actions.

The reason I haven't been cautious/conservative with my voting this round is that nobody has.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:

The reason I haven't been cautious/conservative with my voting this round is that nobody has.

you've missed some things skimming through the thread.

A couple of players have been very cautious. Some have even participated heavily in interogations yet did not lay a vote on that person even though they expressed heavy suspicion. Heck besides the 5-6 players shifting their votes arround every 5 minutes, I'd say most of the town is being cautious. And even out of these, I consider some cautious as they have kept investigating others while their votes were cast.

You on the other hand have been using your Vote as a FoS.... This is bad for many reason, but the main one here is because you're not actually sustaining these votes with much, hence why the calls of revenge votes. Proff shifts votes often, but at least they are accompanied with many arguments.

Now with that nobody  you're threading into radishead style contradictions as was pointed in MG's post that you quoted... last round you didn't even want to joke vote....

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO