By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Vetteman94 said:

Well its not completely irrelevant,  you are basically asking for a lynch on the first day,  which could lead to killing a powerful pro-town role.  

This is the last time I am going to talk about past games,  but in that game there was absolutely no evidence to believe there was a busser at all.  You had evidence that you refused to share with people, showing there was, it was you being a disruptive pro-town character, but instead you were asking them to trust you.  Which you dont trust anyone in mafia games, unless they are confirmed to be who they say they are, which you werent. 

Plus I am not the one dening the possibility of something happening,  you are denying that there is a serial killer,  when there may be,  you are denying that the possibility of the worse case scenario happening, which it can.   While the latter may have a really slim chance, it doesnt mean its not possible.  Which is what I am trying to say and the complete opposite of what you are trying to say i am doing, which is denying the possibility of something.   I am not denying anything,  I know that it may be near impossible, but that doesnt make it completely impossible. 

And to address your naming issue,  how about calling it what it is,  worst case scenario,  how hard is that? 

I'm done with this issue.
You say one thing has no evidence, and there is also no evidence here for the SK, YET I am good enough to assume that there is an SK just for the sake of argument.

;

I'm not asking for a lynch. I'm saying that a lynch today is not out of the question. It is a free lynch so long as the worst case scenario doesn't happen.

;

You want to no lynch, or lynch, I don't care anymore. But the issue of lynching a power role is the same everyday, not just the first. And as long as the town and SK suffer a complete and total failure, we have a free lynch today. The odds do not change drastically tomorrow. We have roughly the same amount of days left either way.

Let's agree to disagree. 

Around the Network

I don't care about all these statistics - I'm not lynching anyone on the first day.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:

I don't care about all these statistics - I'm not lynching anyone on the first day.

Oh?  Why so adamant?

Prof was recruited scum in that game Vetteman.

OT:

I'm really fucking tired of your scientific theories on day 1 prof. If it's not determining the viability of lying to the town, then it's the statistical probability of mislynches. Stop destroying the essence of mafia.

Anyway....

Godofwar itches at the back of my mind, yet I don't think he's scum.

Vote: Vetteman

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

radishhead said:

And then what of tomorrow?

Have any ideas?

Around the Network
theprof00 said:

never mind my edit, I had trouble reading your graph. What's lylo and mylo, and what are the columns?

First column describes each row. The other columns are all based on what the game starts with, which is the makeup in the first row. I may remember the acronyms wrong, but lylo is lynch(mafia) or lose, and mylo is mislynch(so no lynch is technically an option) and lose.

Also, I wasn't disagreeing with you. Just actually showing the odds. It was something I considered doing in the last round, but as I said I didn't care to speculate on the makeup of the players. Since it was already done this time around I took a look.

I do agree that the worse case for any of the scenarios is quite unlikely to actually happen. Thus it really makes the nolynch/mislynch debate moot. I'm with you and noname as far as if someone slips up day one I'd put my vote to see them hang. I am not of the mind, as GoW seems to be that, we absolutely have to lynch someone though.

theprof00 said:
radishhead said:

Have any ideas?

Hey, if anything rises by tomorrow, then I'll take it into consideration ^-^

I've never lynched on the first day, and I've played 11 mafia games now. I've also never done more than one "no lynch" in a single game. I have a strong belief that a day 1 lynch is always bad for the town.

Click this button, you know you want to!  [Subscribe]

Watch me on YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheRadishBros

~~~~ Mario Kart 8 drove far past my expectations! Never again will I doubt the wheels of a Monster Franchise! :0 ~~~~

radishhead said:
theprof00 said:
radishhead said:

Have any ideas?

Hey, if anything rises by tomorrow, then I'll take it into consideration ^-^

I've never lynched on the first day, and I've played 11 mafia games now. I've also never done more than one "no lynch" in a single game. I have a strong belief that a day 1 lynch is always bad for the town.

Your fervor against day 1 lynches has never been properly announced before. We have only your allegation that your 11 games all included your no lynch.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

dtewi said:

Prof was recruited scum in that game Vetteman.

OT:

I'm really fucking tired of your scientific theories on day 1 prof. If it's not determining the viability of lying to the town, then it's the statistical probability of mislynches. Stop destroying the essence of mafia.

Anyway....

Godofwar itches at the back of my mind, yet I don't think he's scum.

Vote: Vetteman

omfg Why am I always the bad guy? Fucking christ. Am I wrong for saying that under these specific numbers we shouldn't be worrying to much about mislynching? What happened to arguing using concrete facts? WTF!?

Sorry about taking so long to show up.

I just got a new computer today and have spent several hours trying to get it to behave itself and work properly.

*Reads first three pages*

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective