By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
EncodedNybble said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:

2m for Black Ops (PS3) on NA... I never expected.

There's over 15 million PS3 in Americas so drop the act.

What act?  I mean, who's to say he never expected it?

I expected (and predicted) 200-300k less.

Around the Network
hallowedbeeddie said:

I´m shocked at just dance 2 vs dance central. I really thought dance central would beat just dance 2 due to the whole kinect craze. I guess will have to wait and see

Did you seriously expect Dance Central to outsell Just Dance 2?? It's kinda dumb to compare a game which has a 35 million user base(Wii) and compare it to a game that needs Kinect that only has a little over 1 million of an install base.

Anyways wow so the Xbox 360 is up even after the Kinect launch and people here where saying it was going to go down. I guess Kinect will have legs for it which I'm assuming is the reason for the bump.

ethomaz said:
EncodedNybble said:
Nsanity said:
ethomaz said:

2m for Black Ops (PS3) on NA... I never expected.

There's over 15 million PS3 in Americas so drop the act.

What act?  I mean, who's to say he never expected it?

I expected (and predicted) 200-300k less.

Seriously what act... I really didnt expect 2 mil in america. Phenomenal sales overall, but mostly due to huge YoY rise on the PS3

AnthonyW86 said:

How can Wii go up by almost 50% with no major release? Isn't Nintendo bount by the laws of physics or something?

Holiday boosts tend to favor Nintendo products the most because of all the parents buying gifts for their children, also we're fastly approaching DKC release, which should be the biggest Wii hardware mover since NSMB.

Edit: Oh and the most obvious factor, the red Wii, which I didn't even know was out yet. Minecraft has really kept me out of the loop lately..

Interesting.Xbox360 really suprised me now. Same with Wii...

This holiday will be epic.

Take my love, take my land..

Around the Network
blue7x7 said:
hallowedbeeddie said:

I´m shocked at just dance 2 vs dance central. I really thought dance central would beat just dance 2 due to the whole kinect craze. I guess will have to wait and see

Did you seriously expect Dance Central to outsell Just Dance 2?? It's kinda dumb to compare a game which has a 35 million user base(Wii) and compare it to a game that needs Kinect that only has a little over 1 million of an install base.

Anyways wow so the Xbox 360 is up even after the Kinect launch and people here where saying it was going to go down. I guess Kinect will have legs for it which I'm assuming is the reason for the bump.

the wii user base doesnt matter for most games.

there could be 100 million wii´s out there, but if a game doesnt appeal to people it wont sell. If anything JD2 should be based on Just dance 1 userbase rather than wii´s

Anyways I was saying that I was shocked because I have seen better impressions everywhere for dance central than for JD2. And a lot people seem to prefer it because of the control input (at least for this kind of games). Also the fact that kinect has has huge advertising and it is supossed to be the next big thing.

edit: I didn´t think my reasoning was that crazy either, but everyone is entitled to their opinion

Great sales although every console is about the same as last year (except the Wii)

It actually looks like KINECT isn't going to push that many consoles...it could still become very popular later on and do great.

I quite honestly don't know how KINECT will fare :-S

hallowedbeeddie said:

I'm really baffled at how mediocre many Kinect game sales are considering the hardware itself seems to be selling a lot of units. If Dance Central, clearly the best game of the Kinect lineup, can't sell that great, than I don't see what can. Like what in the hell are all these people playing?

I guess everyone is just content playing Kinect Adventures.. That game must have a hell of a replay value.

Ginyu said:

Poor Black Ops Wii

It should have strong legs. I thnk the game should end up with a million, and could even reach 1.5 million, which is not too shabby, especially considering Wii games require far lower budgets to make.

Great numbers for all

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!